Impersonator Update

AnayasMom

Jul 27, 2008
Got a call today and they found the sick person!
Apparently she is a 21 year old student at Morgan University who has a history of theft and stolen identity. And what's even creepier is that it isn't like she just stole from me, she was impersonating me, in real life. They found pictures of me, information on me, and tons of other stuff about me in her apartment. And apparently she has been using my name to make money-styling for small local magazines, local designers, and people who were under the assumption that they were hiring and working with me. They found an entire binder on booking information from people and companies that she has worked with under my name. Sick!
She had my laptop in her apartment but not any of the jewelry that I listed as stolen. She is in county prison but can get out on bail until her court date in September. I'm meeting with my attorney on Monday to go over all of the actions that I can press against her.

I'm so glad that they found this person-especially finding out all that she was doing-but I'm a tad bit upset that they didn't find any of the jewelry she took, she stole hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry-one of a kind pieces. And I'm not sure when Ill get my laptop back. I actually dont even want it back since I've already got a new one and it would feel too creepy and weird to have it after she had used it.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help. If it wasn't for the information I received from all of you then this probably would have never happened-she would have kept using my name and impersonating me. Thanks!

you know? I almost e-mailed you earlier this week to see if there'd been any news. I even ran her IP again to make sure she hadn't signed back up as someone else! LOL!

Glad to hear you're getting to the bottom of it:hugs:

I'm glad they caught her- try working with the local police to search for any bank deposit boxes in her name or her family's name and see if they can search any of her associates' homes,etc. I hope they find your jewelry ( I know how it sucks to lose items that just just cannot be replaced).

Thanks for giving us an update-at least the sicko got caught! You know, karma is a mutha------- (excuse my almost French). Let's hope the legal system does its job and gives this beast what "it" deserves. I feel so bad that you have to go through this.....

Stay strong and have a great weekend!

THe funny thing is, as angry and upset I am about the entire situation im somewhat...skeptical. I dont know what it is, im so freakin weird but im feeling somewhat of sympathy for the sicko. She is young, and still in school-maybe she was doing this to pay for school. I hate myself for feeling this way but I feel bad for her.