Immediate gratification or saving up?

i think that you should definately save up.

i used to find myself going into coach and REALLY wanting a bag but walking out with a wristlet or something cause i just wanted something from there. with all the freakin wristlets i have i could have had a purse! haha

I think you should get the carry-all. But, while you're at the boutique try on both styles (I know the bag isn't out now but maybe that have a similar style ). I had my heart set on a Carly, but it just doesn't look right on me, so I got a satchel instead & I love it!

Hum, tough choice. I LOVE the vintage carryall too! If you can hold off until September...you might be able to get the carryall with the PCE discount! The savings could then go towards a Christmas Carly...eh??? :graucho::yahoo:

I'm back and figured you'd all want to know what I decided. I tried on the chocolate Carly bag and it was gooooorgeous. Mmmmm. Love that bag. But then I mentioned to the SA that what I really wanted was the new carryall. She told me that even though it's not in any stores yet, there are only 140 left in the distribution center in the bordeaux color, and that they wouldn't even be getting them in that store because it's too high-end for the smaller boutiques. So then my DH said, "I think you'd better go ahead and order it today," and he covered the other half of the cost on his credit card. What a man, I tell you!

I'm done for the summer, though, since I did a little shopping at the sales just ending at Bergdorf's, etc... But if there will be a PCE in September, I can plan for it. Apparently there will be wallets and wristlets to match the new bags.

Woo hoo! I'm a happy girl. My bag should be here in five days.

I'm back and figured you'd all want to know what I decided. I tried on the chocolate Carly bag and it was gooooorgeous. Mmmmm. Love that bag. But then I mentioned to the SA that what I really wanted was the new carryall. She told me that even though it's not in any stores yet, there are only 140 left in the distribution center in the bordeaux color, and that they wouldn't even be getting them in that store because it's too high-end for the smaller boutiques. So then my DH said, "I think you'd better go ahead and order it today," and he covered the other half of the cost on his credit card. What a man, I tell you!

I'm done for the summer, though, since I did a little shopping at the sales just ending at Bergdorf's, etc... But if there will be a PCE in September, I can plan for it. Apparently there will be wallets and wristlets to match the new bags.

Congrats! You will have to post pics...I can't wait to see!

I say you should save for the carryall since it sounds like you really want it. Carly will probably be around for a while so you could ask for it for Christmas or save to get it later. I am new to the PCE thing (I just received my first PCE invite to the sale last month). According to the info in the Coach info thread, it seems there are PCE's about every 3 months or so. If you can swing it in September you would still have it for fall since if you wait until December it may be sold out.

Congratulations! You are a lucky lady to have such a great husband, mine would never offer to spend that much on a purse. It's too bad there are only a few left. I guess I have to pick a new favorite, there's no way I could buy another new bag this month. Is it common for bags to sell out so quickly? Does Coach ever make a new batch when that happens? I was on the website today (Sunday) wanting to order a wristlet in clay to match my shoulder bag and they are already gone. All they have are natural and whiskey in that style. I'm going to call in the morning, I hope it's not to late. I should have ordered it with the PCE discount when I got the bag, but I had sticker shock just buying the purse and a keychain.

Congratulations! You are a lucky lady to have such a great husband, mine would never offer to spend that much on a purse. It's too bad there are only a few left. I guess I have to pick a new favorite, there's no way I could buy another new bag this month. Is it common for bags to sell out so quickly? Does Coach ever make a new batch when that happens? I was on the website today (Sunday) wanting to order a wristlet in clay to match my shoulder bag and they are already gone. All they have are natural and whiskey in that style. I'm going to call in the morning, I hope it's not to late. I should have ordered it with the PCE discount when I got the bag, but I had sticker shock just buying the purse and a keychain.

The clay and citron wrislets will hit the stores on July 30th. I would get one then if you can.

I am so glad you decided to purchase the bag you truly wanted. It is never good to settle as you will never be truly happy. Congrats on your new bag! BTW, you have a wonderful husband!

I am soooooooo happy for you!!!! Please post pics of your new bag when it arrives!!!! Congratulations and you have a WONDERFUL hubby!!!!

Wow, that is great! Your husband is so sweet! I can't believe there are only 140 left in distribution and it hasn't been officially released yet. :wtf:

Congrats!!! What a great hubby!!! :tup:

There's only 140 left though???? Oh no! I was going to buy something else this week and now I'm thinking maybe I should go for this one, too. I just love it!

The vintage carryall in that Bordeaux leather is FABULOUS. I'd save up for it. Carly will be around for a while-- plus, why not get something that not as many people will have?

You have great taste btw!