Imitation is the highest form of...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    ....Tano's preview of its new washed leather line includes the following prototype bag:

[​IMG]

Cute but will the leather will be anywhere close to that of LP??

Attached Files:

2. wow! that style is so LP. if you didn't mention it's tano, i would've thought it's a new style from LP. i actually saw some similar style handbags from a line called carla mancini at a store once. well, i guess we'll all have to see if the leather is anything like lp's quality.

3. I think it looks similar to Tano's Buxom Buddy. The only similarity to LP is probably the rings on the handles.

Similar styles of bags among different designers dont bother me at all. Everyone gets so highly strung when you mention the word 'Fakes' as it is. At least these bags are legit.

4. Doesn't bother me either and no one is saying fake anything. However, I don't understand why some people refuse to acknowledge similarities; insecurity, perhaps?

5. #5 Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    ^^ I hope that scarcasm isnt directed my way! I did say that is has the same rings as LP!

In any case I only own one LP and that came from the sample sale so its no big deal what the new Tano or LP bags look like as I wont be buying it either way.

Insecurities? Maybe some people dont like other bags to have any similarites to their own precious LP's? Or could that be snobbery?

6. No scarcasm intended. I got the impression that you DO notice similarities so my comment wasn't directed towards you. And with this particular bag, the situation is reversed. There are some Tanoites who don't like their bags compared to other labels. Also a form of snobbery, I suppose.

7. Ok Touche!;)

In my original comment I was trying to say that there are so may people who are anti-fake and thats good, as I am one of them. However I see posts ( Not here but on other forums) where people get really angry that another designer has a bag that looks similar to a line from their own favourite brand. I dont think thats bad TBH.
    :supacool: