Images of Anthracite Crackle and Grey Shimmer

Tote Girl

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
I got these images from Rose. I love the look of the anthracite, similar to black but with a twist. The leather looks like it would be ideal for day and evening wear. The grey shimmer for a more casual look? I notice on the website it mentions that the grey shimmer leather develops a nice vintage look, I guess similar to the velvet matts.

This is what Rose said

We have sorted the swatch pictures and have attached one of the grey shimmer with the anthracite crackle. The second picture shows the anthracite crackle (left) against the pewter crash (right). The anthracite is even perhaps a slight bit darker in person and very lovely.

There was a bit of interest in an anthracite Covert Me Mini for early next year so I'll get some more details on pricing / options etc and post in the shopping forum. :smile:

..and my 'new' casual bag in Anthracite has just been finalized!!! So it'll soon be on it's way to me!
..so, thanks for posting, because I had no idea how this would be..and it looks like Dark, shiny Grey!!!

You must post, Bonnie, when you get your Anthra bag! I love the color, almost pulled the trigger, but after seeing Purple Crackle, I must see how "textured" the leather is. Somehow that bothers me, the crackle texture. I don't know why.

We'll get a much better impression seeing a whole bag so can't wait for Bonnie's bag to arrive. I know what you mean mayajuliana about the term crackled, it makes me think flakey but I'm sure the leather wont't be like that!:smile:

I don't think the leather can be compared with either the Choco or Purple crackled at all.
But on the other hand Jackie informed me it was metallic: * a darker Pewter w/ Black flecs*..or else it would look like a darker version of the the Grey glossy ;)

I'm super excited!! I think I'll recieve my bags Tuesday next week!

I have (or HAD, since I've misplaced it) a swatch of the choco crackle. It is NOT flakey or cracked. It's TEXTURED. There is nothing delicate about this leather. It looks and feels like it will last for years and years, and it is strikingly beautiful. I was so tempted to order it in choco, but I have too many brown bags.

We'll get a much better impression seeing a whole bag so can't wait for Bonnie's bag to arrive. I know what you mean mayajuliana about the term crackled, it makes me think flakey but I'm sure the leather wont't be like that!:smile:

moonie..there was never enough of the Choco crash to BEC one..guess Jackie forgot to remove it from BEC! But it is/ was never like any of the other leathers at all. Moonie hits the nail , when she writes that there is nothing delicate about the crackled ..they ARE VERY TOUGH!

Just recieved info from BE, that the Anthracite is not to be regarded as a Crackle..but a Metallic, so this belongs to the same group as Gold( though not similar leather type..I think ;)