I'm worried.....

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
about this new Empreinte line.....loving it!!!! Just been going through the different reveals and the Artsy is absolutely gorgeous everyone :nuts: I have been planning to get a Damier Ebene shoulder bag for this coming season but it now just seems to be totally boring in comparison with the Empreinte Artsy. Do you think the new Empreinte pattern is the way of the LV future? Sorry to say this but even the classic canvas Mono is looking a bit tired against the vibrancy and modern twist of this new line.

And of course, the price just keeps rising! LOL

I think you should go for what you love and what you can afford. I purchased the Artsy from the empriente line after stalking it online and calling LV since February when I saw the first pic online. It gave me time to save up for the bag. I don't do impluse buys very often so if your heart has been set on ebene bag then I say go with that (although I do love my Artsy). Can you get both? Maybe a Neverful and the Artsy? Sorry I am no help.

Hmn seriously in my opinion i think the monogram, Azur and damier is the way to go in long term. Empreinte line purses are gorgeous, but i think LV will use it as their secret weapon to boost their sales . they will most probably produce them on and off as limited edition

i think LV must have the canvas pattern in stock all the time, it is classic.

1) it does look boring sometimes and too subtle... however, it will never be out of style like some other vernis color.
2) vibrant color can look very gorgeous but it might be harder to match with out daily clothes. someimes we love LV canvas because they easily matched our clothes.

another point i thought of is, in order to make a "bag lover" to purchase the bag NOW (so LV can receive money NOW), it has to be limited edition, otherwise we might drag the purchase...

so, consumers will then buy the Expensive LE first, (and drag other permanent style purchases )because we dun 1 2 miss the chance.

on the other hand, LV will then receive bigger revenue in one go, rather than make it more permanent and receive smaller sales throughout 5-10 years. And, receive a bigger revenue now ofcoz better than receive revenue later!

just my personal opinion, hope i did not bored any of u guys :P

Honestly, since the LV stock shortage I am yearning more for a store fresh Monogram bag with some yummy fragrant vachetta!

Mono canvas will always be my favorite. Of course, it is even better with a twist...like some Mirage or Eclipse!

Depends on which bags you already have....the Empreinte is a stunning line but it hasn't been out long enough for the consumers to give feedback on its durability, how it wears and ages etc....so if you need a bag for this season, I'd get an Ebene which we all know is pretty durable and weather-proof.

I prefer the Mono/Ebene/Azur over the Empriente line. If I have that much money to spend, I would save up for the Mahina, or just get something from MC/Vernis/Epi (=

Haven't seen the Empreinte IRL, but I do love the pics.
I love the diversity of LV lines, and I'm sure canvas will be around for a long time.
If the new artsy excites you more than any other damier shoulder bag, I'd say go for that!

I just can't bring myself to shell out the bucks for LV leather...yet :P

I love my Furla bag which is lush leather. I do like the look of the Artsy though. If you need an everyday bag, you can't go wrong with Damier Ebene, it is tough as nails and always looks chic :smile:

Empriente is permanent. Buy what u desire.

I used to buy a more affordable bag cause the one I was eyeing is pricey. But the affordable bag did not satisfy me and I end up with both bags and spent than I should.

Honestly, since the LV stock shortage I am yearning more for a store fresh Monogram bag with some yummy fragrant vachetta!

Mono canvas will always be my favorite. Of course, it is even better with a twist...like some Mirage or Eclipse!

:graucho:

OP- I agree, sometimes damier is too boring for me, but I do love my damier galliera for bad weather. Other than that, I really need something more bold. That said, I just ordered the artsy and will get it tomorrow. :nuts: