I'm useless when it comes to decisions (long post)

Should I be practical or throw it into the wind?

• Beautiful, neutral, goes with everything, Ivory

• Stunning, will be hard to find later Violet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you for all your input...I really appreciate it. Right now I'm leaning towards the ivory (I love white bags...and the light color doesn't really concern me) because I think it will go with everything, whereas the violet would only go with some of my stuff. I usually wear black, camel, charcoal, and brown, but I also love jewel-tones...royal blues, kelly greens, red etc. I think the ivory would be a nice "pop" against these colors, but the purple might clash a little with the other bright colors. Am I wrong? Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to post their opinions on this matter...it really helps :smile:

^^ practicality wins for me!!! :tup:
I agree! I'm more a Fall/Winter kind of person and tend to wear more neutral colors....Black, Brown, Grey, White, navy, etc. and I know I don't have anything at all that'll go with the Violet. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but I know that it wouldn't work with me and I can't see spending the money if it's just going to sit in my closet and wind up being sold one day.:yes:

I know exactly how you feel...Sometimes it feels better to pick the safer color and I do love the Ivory but I would worry myself to death over handling it out after shopping, eating out, taking dog to vet and on & on...

I have the Violet GSH and I can't stop using it...but I wear alot of neutrals so that I can wear my B-Bag's pretty colors for accents...I guess I like to let the Bag make the statement more than my clothes...But that's just me...We all have different opinions...but I've been there with you driving myself crazy...:confused1: but I know you'll love either one...:heart:Let us know what you decide...

I say VIOLET!!! not just that its a beautiful color but its more practical IMHO! the ivory... although whites/ivories are my fav color in general... for bags its just too high maintenance for me... and this is coming from a hygiene freak like me! the violet I think you can mix & match with alot of colors... and makes a statement at the same time... and not often Balenciaga makes a purple as they all say! also ivory... would it be prone to the yellowing problem eventually??? having said that though... Kitten's Ivory SGH looks AMAZING! sorry, not much help am I? keep us posted!

I am going through the same ordeal. A nice SA at NM set aside their one and only Violet RH City and a Jaune GSH Work. When he told me they only received ONE Violet RH City I was almost reaching for my CC to buy it just because it is so hard to get ...but then as I held it by my side I have come to realize that although it is a beautiful color however I do not see myself using it much. I have 5 Bbags and I usually go for my black or white ones and sometimes my rouge vermillion... the aquamarine is just sitting in the dustbag. I love Aquamarine but I just go for my blacks and whites. So the only advice I can give you is to go see the bag for yourself and imagine it with your daily outfits. I think the Ivory would probably be better.

If neutral is your colour, get Ivory. Get the most out of your money. I think there will always be other exciting colours. You might not even be tempted to get Violet if there was'nt so much craze over it. :nogood:

I voted for Violet because it's such a gorgeous color, is looking like it will be hard to come by in the future, and because of practicality issues. While I think Ivory is GORGEOUS, especially with SGH, I couldn't keep it clean! I'm also afraid of yellowing. Good luck with your decision!

I agree. I love my brightly colored bags but my neutrals get way more use.

I second that. When I first discoverd Bal I was so amazed by the beautiful colors that I went a little overboard just to realize that even if I loved to look at them I rarely ever used the bright colors so they had to find new homes and I am back to neutrals. I just can't afford to have bags I don't use...:sad:

Now personally I would get smth a bid darker than ivory, I have a white bag but I consider it a summerbag only and it's really not that practical.

even if violet is absolutely gorgeous and i'm quite sure you'd love it, i voted ivory, cos i think is easier to match with winter colors. anyway it depends from your colset, if you think you'd use violet with a lot of your dresses, then ,you can choose also the vilet, that you know is the main color of this season

I voted for Ivory because that's my favorite color anyways, but it already has yellowish undertones, so even if it does yellow in a couple of years, you could get it cleaned, or just let it naturally yellow.. it'll still look like vanilla ice cream :smile:

Also, I agree with an above poster in saying that I think it's the one that you truly want

Based on what you said, my vote goes to Ivory with SGH.

Don't get the Violet just because you think you won't be able to find it later on!! I don't think you can justify getting a bag that's over $1K just for the sake of having it. I personally really love the Violet(I have 3 Eggplants and thinking of getting a Violet), but most of my bags are dark colors and I never buy light neutrals.

Go with the one you know you'll use more, because if you get the Violet just for the sake of it, you're going to regret it and end up selling it later on.
Ivory with SGH is one of my fav' GH combo, I think it's really classy and edgy.

Go with Ivory!!!:tup:

i voted violet 'coz seriously... this is one bag u don't want to miss out on... the leather on them seem to be PERFECT... besides... since fall season u're pretty much gonna be bringing out all the neutrals in terms of clothes... u need something to spice it up a lil... and violet pretty much goes with everything...!

I vote for the Violet. Before i saw the Violet i thought it is going to be one of those bright colored bags that i am just not going to use often enough. But, when i saw it the other day, it is not that bright at all and you can use it with a lot of different colors. The ivory is very pretty too but i would worry about getting it dirty. If you can see the Violet in person you should and i am sure you will fall in love with it too.:yes:

i think it really comes down to how much color you feel comfortable wearing. i know my color limits and what i can visually handle. if you don't think you would wear the purple, i wouldn't buy it because of all the hype.