I'm Totally Laughing at Myself (re: frugality vs. Bbag purchase)

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
I just got all excited because there is a 55% coupon off of framing at Michael's and I have something I want to get framed.

Yet... I called to ask for a specific bag at a Balenciaga boutique last night and they had it and sent pictures.

So here I am actually thinking of spending another almost $2k on a Bbag... but not wanting to pay full-price to get something framed. - I just had to roll my eyes at myself. (I also hoard 20% coupons for Bed, Bath & Beyond and never buy anything there without 20% off)

Do you find yourself doing this? You want to save your pennies on this & that... but then drop $$$$ on a Bbag?

Ha -- yeah I have about 20 of those BB&B coupons in my Bal bag -- also LOVE when I get my receipt and see the amount I save on my groceries. Just think of it this way Queen, the more money you save on other items, the more you have for the next Bal bag!!! :yahoo:

I too am very frugal for everything else but my Bals. Well at least they hold their value better than so many other things I would otherwise spend $ on. That is what I say to justify my Bals. True though.

I agree with the girls here, by saving money on other things you have more money in the for bags.
Once last year I had a hole in one of my work shoes and I had just bought a new bag and I was thinking "do I really need new shoes for work?" My boyfriend was laughing and was like "yes!"

Absolutely. Aside from food (I always get the good, healthy stuff) and vacations (gotta kick back every now and then!) I'm pretty frugal on all other things.

It's embarrassing too because I'll be looking at my coupons and debating whether or not to spend those few dollars while carrying a 1.5k bag on my shoulder. Or browsing through discount racks at Target talking myself out of getting a $10.00 shirt.

I absolutely do the same thing... Those $1 coupons really add up....

I was reading a finance blog posting the other day; the blogger was asking why anybody would need a $300 :nono: Coach bag... She had purchased a perfectly good purse for $3 that would carry her stuff just fine.

Then a few days later, she wrote another post about overdrawing the checking account that day, and getting charged bank fees. All I could think was.... yes, I have some very expensive (and of course, unnecessary :P) bags, but I have money in my checking account to pay for them, and I do not incur bank fees.... so who's budgeting better?

We're by no means rich, but we balance being frugal in some areas, and being (very) good to ourselves in others.