I'm too fickle... help a girl out!

jennifleur

It's Pompom time!!
Feb 22, 2006
Hey guys!

I'm having mucho trouble trying to decide whether to get the Med. Dior Gaucho in brown or a Chloe Paddington in Whiskey...

I would love to have a brown leather bag that lasts the test of time, but both seem to be somewhat trendy, especially the Dior.

Out of these 2, which would you get? I'm thinking the Paddy will be more errr... "classic", well, as classic as these two go... haha

I love brown bags too! I think that both brands *are* somewhat trendy, though. What do you plan on using the bag for? Everyday use?
I guess, if I had to pick between these two quite trendy styles, I'd lean a bit towards the Gaucho. But I don't own either bag, so I don't know what the interior space would be like in one vs. the other...

jennifleur said:
Hey guys!

I'm having mucho trouble trying to decide whether to get the Med. Dior Gaucho in brown or a Chloe Paddington in Whiskey...

I would love to have a brown leather bag that lasts the test of time, but both seem to be somewhat trendy, especially the Dior.

Out of these 2, which would you get? I'm thinking the Paddy will be more errr... "classic", well, as classic as these two go... haha
The Paddy's look so great but I personally don't like the heavy padlock. That (and the price) has kept me from buying one. Just my 2 cents.

Yep, i'd use it for every day. I really don't know...
I know i fell in love with the paddy first... I looove the gaucho in white, but i just got a white balenciaga twiggy so i don't need another white bag considering they're so hard to take care of. :blink:

definately paddy in whiskey - the color AND the bag are much better. i like the gaucho, it's very pretty, but the brown is very green IMO. the whiskey is a much more versatile color (can wear w/ black or brown) and i just think the paddy is a nicer bag in general.

I vote Paddy. It has already stood the test of time and still sells out as soon as (or before) it hits the shelves. You might also consider the Edith, since it has a less trendy look than either, but is made by Chloe (and a bit less expensive than the Paddy). It comes in two sizes, large and medium, and you can get it in whiskey or chocolate (NM has chocolate pre-order up again now). If anyone has a chocolate photo, please let me know...dying to see it!

Attachments

• Chloe Edith sizes.jpg
    Chloe Edith sizes.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 65
I also vote for the Paddy. The Goucho is really cute too, but I agree, I think it's more trendy than the Paddy. I'm really liking that Edith bag too. It's a very classy looking bag. (but I'm a shoulder bag girl :biggrin: )

I say get the gaucho! I have a red medium gaucho and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! The leather is soft, it stays on the shoulder, blah, blah, blah. I could go on and on. It's such a grrrrrrrreat bag!!!

Paddy vote here. The whiskey color is great, it's very versatile. Though I do like the gaucho, I think the paddy is a nicer looking bag and can go from casual to dressy better than the gaucho.