I'm thinking of adopting a cat

Hally

O.G.
Jan 11, 2009
I was just looking at the website of the cats waiting for adoption in my area. I live on an island and have 3 acres, so it would definitely be an indoor/outdoor cat after its initial period of settling in. I have a 2 year old chihuahua and sometimes my son's dog visits but they are both used to cats.

Potential vet bills aren't a problem and I always had cats growing up.

I'm home a lot (don't work) but I tend to be impulsive when it comes to adopting animals even though I'm hardly a kid. lol

Help!!

I'm probably just asking for confirmation and thinking out loud, because I'm pretty sure I know what you are all going to say. The other thing is, other than the cat needing to be dog friendly, how the heck do I choose when they are all so beautiful and need homes? :love:

http://sites.google.com/site/cawesonbowenislandbc/

having a cat was the best decision i've ever made. my sasha makes me so happy.
i just adopted a cat at the end of sept and she's easing in comfortably. i just love her so much...esp her fat cheeks so cute :love:
GL with you decision.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear people wanting to adopt cats and not "buy" from a store. I was just talking about this to someone today.

Please post pics of the lucky kitty when you bring her/him home!

One of my dogs is a rescue dog. She is the sweetest, most grateful dog. She lives mostly with my son but she loves being with me so I will dognap her one day soon.

I could not, with good conscience, buy a cat when there are so many beautiful ones needing homes. I always had these beautiful, highly bred Siamese cats growing up and I love cats that look like alien beings but I just couldn't do it anymore. I also want an adult, not a kitten. Because my chihuahua is only two I think one of the younger ones would be preferable to match his energy and play level.

I really like Aisha and Snuffy as well. I haven't met any of them yet but I feel guilty liking one over the other. I could cry thinking that they don't all have homes but I know they are well taken care of.

I get so excited to see threads on kitty adoption too! I honestly want to cry when I think of/hear of all the people that buy cats instead of saving a beautiful special cat's life... I simply do not understand it. But I'm glad there's people like you out there!

All those kitties are so beautiful... I see what you mean when you say its hard to choose! I do love Tigger though, he looks kind of like my kitty with some Maine Coon in him. Maine Coons are the coolest cats ever- so much personality! And it seems like he is very mellow since he was owned by an elderly lady... this sounds like it would be good for your pup.

http://sites.google.com/site/cawesonbowenislandbc/cawes-pets-for-adoption/tigger

Good luck with your decision! Keep us posted and post pics when you get your little furball :smile:

Aww.. Aisha is gorgeous! Zuk is a very handsome boy too!

Adopting my 2 kitties is the most rewarding thing I've done so far... To think that I saved a mother cat and kitten from being put down and the love that they give back to me is priceless!

Can you meet these cats first before adopting them?

Good luck and please update us with your decision!!

I just emailed them so I'll find out when I can meet the cats. Zuk is gorgeous but I'm not sure he would like my pesky little chihuahua. I did have my eye on him and they did say he would like a large property to roam around...

I specifically asked about Aisha because she is beautiful and fairly young but Snuffy is only three. I love short haired dogs and cats for some reason.

I just looked at the kittens who I initially didn't pay much attention to because I wanted an adult but they aren't that young. The black ones are gorgeous.

If my dog wasn't so young I would adopt a senior because I know it's harder to adopt them out. :sad:

I'll let you know what happens!

Zuk and Snuffy aren't on the island which doesn't mean that they are out of the question, just harder to see.

The woman who responded said Aisha is potentially being adopted today which makes me happy and sad all at once. All of the other cats are 6 years and above except for the kittens.

If none of the cats are right she said she will put me on the potential adopters list. I might go see the kittens since they are not too young.

I love tabbies, too! I'm meeting her on Sunday. : ) Fatty Warbucks....lol

I will let everyone know how it goes! They are quite excited that one of the older cats could be adopted.

^^I am so glad to hear that you will be adopting! There are so many beautiful furry babies in the shelter who are in dire need of a home. And they make the best pets! When I lost my Puffy, my husband and I went to the shelter to adopt Toonie. To this day, she brings me so much joy! Please allow me to share a pic of my Toonie Bell.:love:

Attachments

• babytoonie.JPG
    babytoonie.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 121