I'm thinking of adopting a cat

So happy to hear you want to adopt an adult kitty. Zuk and Snuffy sound like good matches for you. I'm sure they are all adorable in their own ways. When you seen them in-person you'll know which one is for you.
One caution - if you're in the country with your large piece of land, there are probably wild animals around. Please make sure your kitty comes in well before dark. Coyotes are sometimes around during the day but night time is and early morning are the most dangerous.
Can't wait to see which kitty you adopt.

We don't have coyotes on the island here, thank goodness...just the mainland. The predators here are eagles, hawks, owls etc. We have a lot of deer and the Cawes website says there are skunks and racoons on the island although I have never seen one, and we have owned the property for 40 years! Things are changing as the island becomes more developed. There are two bears on the as well. They must have been good swimmers. lol

The coyotes on the mainland are a huge problem for pets. I used to see them roaming the streets and sadly I have come across the remains of cats.

Unfortunately, Zuk and Snuffy are not on the island but I can meet them if I don't think Missy is a good match.

I agree that bringing in the cat at night is very important. It would take some time to have the cat get used to the property.

Thanks for your input. :smile:

Thank you. My view is in my avatar but it is rainy and foggy today so I have to take photos of days like that so I remember what the mountains look like!

I just hope Missy is a good fit and I take to her because I don't want to disappoint anyone yet I have to make sure I am going to be the right one to be her "kitty mommy".

I think you'll know when you find the right one. Take your time; there are many worthy kitties looking for homes so if you don't fall in love with Missy, there will be other cats for you and hopefully someone else will love her.

^^I am so glad to hear that you will be adopting! There are so many beautiful furry babies in the shelter who are in dire need of a home. And they make the best pets! When I lost my Puffy, my husband and I went to the shelter to adopt Toonie. To this day, she brings me so much joy! Please allow me to share a pic of my Toonie Bell.:love:

Toonie's 'stache is very Tom Selleck-y! Freakin' adorable.

We met! Missy is much smaller and more petite than her photo and her colouring and eyes are strikingly beautiful. :love:

The other ladies and I started chatting off topic about my sexy Argentenian carpenter and other island gossip but it was a riot and Missy's owner (she has asthma and about four cats) and I really hit it off. The cats were wandering around and Missy was very friendly.

I am having carpentry work :drool: done this week so we decided to wait until that was finished but I will get everything I need and pick her up this week.

This is the funny part. When I was leaving Missy followed me to my car, as if she was saying "don't leave without me".

I'm smitten' :love:

We met! Missy is much smaller and more petite than her photo and her colouring and eyes are strikingly beautiful. :love:

The other ladies and I started chatting off topic about my sexy Argentenian carpenter and other island gossip but it was a riot and Missy's owner (she has asthma and about four cats) and I really hit it off. The cats were wandering around and Missy was very friendly.

I am having carpentry work :drool: done this week so we decided to wait until that was finished but I will get everything I need and pick her up this week.

This is the funny part. When I was leaving Missy followed me to my car, as if she was saying "don't leave without me".

I'm smitten' :love:

Oh, that's awesome! Please, please post pics when you can.

I'm so happy you're adopting an older kitty! I'm sure she is going to appreciate her new forever home and never want to leave. She knew you were the right person when she followed you to your car.
I look forward to pics of her in her new home.