I'm thinking about a Keepall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmqueenie

Apr 18, 2009
USA
Good afternoon to my fellow tPFers...

I plan to buy a LV Keepall, but I need everyone's advice and expertise. :biggrin: I want to use it mainly for car trips, but perhaps would use it for future plane trips (as a carry on) as well. I definitely want the shoulder strap. If it matters, I'm 5'7" with a medium build... I would like to know what sizes you like and why... and which design you prefer.. monogram? damier? etc.

Thanks! :flowers:

Last edited:

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
I think the 45 is more suitable for everyday, I don't think it would fit enough for more than just a day or two. I think the 50 or 55 would be awesome for full weekends/three-four days.

I personally have Epi and LOVE it, but that might not fair well to actually travel with. Damier is great! You won't have to worry about getting caught in the rain :smile:

kayti

Jan 21, 2010
IST
I have the 50 and it's great as a carryon for international trips and for long weekend road trips. 45 or 50 are the most useful sizes I think. 55 is really big but if you pack a lot to travel a lot it's great. I didn't get the 55 because I didn't want it to be too heavy when carried through the airport. Here is a pic of my 50 stuffed with pillows so you can see. (I am 5'4 for reference.)

DisCo

Happy Chrissy!
May 11, 2009
Australia
I would go for the 45/50 in Damier Ebene...don't want the unnecessary inconvenience of vachetta

earthx

back to basic.
O.G.
Aug 31, 2010
Bangkok, Thailand
I would get the 45 in either Graphite / Mascassar. I have one in Graphite and I take it out shopping sometimes with me too! It can be a very good everyday bag if you carries alot (=

p.s sorry for the bad quality picture, i'm around 5'7-5'8 for reference..

Last edited:

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
My favourite Keepalls are the Damier Ebene and Monogram Macassar. If you're going to be using it as carry-on luggage, make sure you don't go bigger than a 55 because that's the largest one that's accepted as cabin luggage. Though I would be scared not to check with each individual airline before taking an LV Keepall anywhere - airlines differ and imagine you got to the airport and were told you had to check your bag in! I would have to cancel my trip and go home.

I think Damier Ebene would be a fantastic choice for you because it's hassle free, no vachetta etc, and a 55 would be a good size for a mini break. Good luck with your decision. :smile:

HeavenAF

dreaming of spring
Sep 27, 2010
I have the 55 and I think it is the perfect size. You wouldnt want to buy such an expensive bag to not be able to use it for what you want later. It is still small enough to carry on an airplane, but big enough to fit quite a bit of stuff. I have the monogram but I am kind of regretting that decision because of all of the vachetta, and I would recommend the ebene.

charmqueenie

Apr 18, 2009
USA
^^Thank you everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate hearing everyone's opinions! I think I'm leaning towards either a 50 or 55, but not sure what design yet... I just don't think I want the hassle of worrying over the untreated leather. I'm really liking that Macassar! :drool:

LxTxNx

May 11, 2007
San Francisco Bay
I have Mono and I'm a guy. I do like the Macassar and would've been my choice if it was available in 06 when I bought my Keepall 55. $120 for the black leather, maroon interior, a modern version of a classic luggage bag? YES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.