I'm taking my NF GM DE in for repair but,

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
Is there any chance they will just return it? I'd rather ask them to switch it with w NF GM in DA. I don't want to deal with the straps anymore I'd rather just buy a different bag! I bought it in November... :/

If you want to exchange for the NF Azur then don't ask for repair. I would take it in and tell them you need to do an exchange because such and such issues.

If it's been months since the purchase they will do a repair, no exchange or return. If it happens again after repair they might let you exchange, hopefully you have a SA that is understanding!

Unfortunately if this is your first repair, you may have to go through the trouble of having it repaired, only for it to (probably) happen again. I had a glazing issue with my wallet and though I SHOULD have insisted on a new one/a refund (it was eight weeks old at the time!) it was my first experience of a problem with any of my LV pieces and I went along with their idea of repairing it. I had to go over a month without my wallet, which after having just shelled out £400 for one is pretty ludicrous, and then a few months later the same thing happened again. That was the point where I had to write to LV head office and get them involved in order to get rid of it altogether. Eventually they issued me with a refund and at that point it was eight months old.

Given that this is a known issue with the Neverfull DE, whether or not they admit that to you, I would go in and calmly and politely explain the situation and that you know that it is likely to happen again as it's not an isolated issue. Tell them you would really prefer to have the same bag in a different canvas that is not going to have these issues. They should really honour it because it's happened so many times, across the world. They most definitely know it's a problem. Every time I hear about someone's issues with this bag I cannot believe that LV still haven't rectified it. You'd think they were new to this!!!

unfortunately if this is your first repair, you may have to go through the trouble of having it repaired, only for it to (probably) happen again. I had a glazing issue with my wallet and though i should have insisted on a new one/a refund (it was eight weeks old at the time!) it was my first experience of a problem with any of my lv pieces and i went along with their idea of repairing it. I had to go over a month without my wallet, which after having just shelled out £400 for one is pretty ludicrous, and then a few months later the same thing happened again. That was the point where i had to write to lv head office and get them involved in order to get rid of it altogether. Eventually they issued me with a refund and at that point it was eight months old.

Given that this is a known issue with the neverfull de, whether or not they admit that to you, i would go in and calmly and politely explain the situation and that you know that it is likely to happen again as it's not an isolated issue. Tell them you would really prefer to have the same bag in a different canvas that is not going to have these issues. They should really honour it because it's happened so many times, across the world. They most definitely know it's a problem. Every time i hear about someone's issues with this bag i cannot believe that lv still haven't rectified it. You'd think they were new to this!!!

+1

Well I bought mine in nov too and although I insisted, they didn't exchange it. I asked for the NF in mono but no chance.
They claimed it was wear and tear and now it's being repaired. Two weeks ago I left it at that horrible store and today I receive the notification that it arrived at the atelier where it's supposed to be repaired

Even though I've had it for months? I'm scared they are just gonna offer repair only...

If you've had it for months, then you're far outside of the 14 day return/exchange policy. So they will not give you a new one. Especially if yours has been used. They are VERY strict about that policy. They will offer a repair only, and that's it, unfortunately. I know it isn't fair, since the bag is practically new. It infuriates me that LV still hasn't addressed and rectified this problem...not only that, but they won't even ADMIT that it IS a problem! And we all know it is! Good luck sweetie. With as much as we pay for these items, we shouldn't have to battle the SA's and unfair policies on top of it, but unfortunately sometimes it comes to that.

I wondered the same thing. I gave my mom a NF De about a year ago for her birthday. She used it maybe 1 month, then back in the box. The straps are cracked beyond belief, the damier pattern has scuffs everywhere - I can't believe it. I'm embarrassed to have given her that gift. It was her first and probably last LV because she thinks its a cheaply made plasticy feeling bag with cheap leather straps. Unfortunately I can't defend lv here bc it truly is a mess after light use (meanwhile I have 15+ items, most issue free that I love)

I am so upset. I want to suggest taking it back (for at least repair) but I don't think she even noticed the cracking (but I sure did) and I didn't want to bring that up

They won't admit it's a problem and treat people as if they were nuts when they hint that there's a problem with this bag
They asked me how I knew and when I mentioned the forum I was considered officially nuts.