I'm sure I'm not the first...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. :confused1: I'm sure I'm not the first girl to miss a period and freak out, but I've NEVER missed a period before and I'm now 3 weeks late! I've taken 4 home tests (starting 2 days after my missed period) that have all been negative,so I don't know what's going on?

A little background... I was put on Warfarin (a blood thinner) in February for a blood clot (DVT/PE). At this time I also taken off BC (have been using condoms since). I stopped taking Warfarin on August 13th and my next period should have been about Sept. 4th, but still nothing. So I'm wondering if going off Warfarin could have affected my cycle? While I was on it my flow was VERY light and only lasted a few days, so I was expecting the opposite...

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions about this? Should I just go have a blood test done to be sure? I'm on several medications that I shouldn't be taking if I am preggo...

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

2. Since you can have a false negative, I would definitely go get a blood test done. You want to get off those med's asap if you are prego!

3. Actual false negatives are really rare if you are actually late, as you are -- home tests are pretty accurate. You may well just have an ovarian cyst or something; I had a cyst last year that delayed my period by a couple of months. However, I think you should go get the blood test anyway, just because you'll be stressing about it until you know for sure. It will only take a minute at the lab, and if you go in the morning, you'll probably get results that afternoon. There's really no downside to getting the blood test, IMO.

4. Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go to the lab after work today just to set my mind at ease.