I'm sure I'm not the first with this issue!

The Black will be around forever. Thank god.
Another think you might want to look for or think about is a white bag. I know, bkitty to keep clean. But you can just tie a scarf on it (Unlike dogs, purses look cute with scarves) to give it a splash of color. Maybe for a fourth or fifth Birkin or Kelly :smile:
(Most of my purses are black, white and red)

Definitely go for the rose shocking!!! Black is the quintessential H color, after all Jane Birkin's bag is black, but hey you are young and rose shocking would prolly fit your lifestyle and your casualness more than black. You have the rest of your life to wear black, in the mean time add the color!! A black birkin is on my list of to have's also, but I know that since black is so common, I can get a nice vintage one for a lil less! HTH!!

koukanamiya, my mom told me for such a long time that hot pink/bright pink looked great on me, but I ewwed her for years, telling her black was my color :shame: Now I realize pink looks pretty decent on me, so I'm with you, definitely a true pink lover :biggrin:

Vintage Leather a white bag will be added to my collection eventually, oh yes! :biggrin: I LOVE the white bolide, as my store has had one! It will definitely be one of the earlier-rather-than-later bags! :smile:

Or, look at it this way: Hermes often discontinue, or pull out of production some colours....but they will always do black. So perhaps get the colour first, in case RS gets discontinued.

Neeya, I honestly get equal use from my colored bags and my black one. I'm with GF here...definitely get the Rose Shocking if it sings to you b/c it may just be around for a short duration, whereas you can always get a black H-bag at some point.

Colour is the new black anyways ;)

You do have nice taste though, I like the combos you picked. The bag went very well with all of those. And in winter, should you decide to still wear it, it'll go very well with the darker colours too, as it's a fresh colour that would pop!

Yep - I'm with the gals here... go the RS. It's great with the wardrobe items you posted and will work beautifully with black or brown in the winter. Just use a pochette or a twilly to work it back to your darker wardrobe.

There's plenty of time for black.... but with so much great H colour around you may never need a black bag:wtf:

thanks neeya and louis. louis, that outfit is several thousand dollars worth of cheap! ;) and its very comfortable!

neeya i have never seen nor heard of a RS Birkin. oh that would be gorgeous! the closest i've seen is Cyclamen.

Neeya, Add my voice to all the members reinforcing you to choose the Rose Shocking. It is a fabulous color and you mother was right--pink does look great on you. I thought I wanted my first H to be black but I got tired of waiting and bought a red one instead--and it wasn't even a color I had lusted over the way you have with the RS. Anyway, I have never been sorry about my decision to get the red and I don't think you'll regret getting the RS rather than black. Based on your previous postings, I can just see an extra spring in your step when you walk carrying the RS Bolide--but I'm not really able to picture that happening quite the same with a black bag on your arm.

she mentioned in a comment she wanted to see what a RS Birkin looks like if one exists. i could be crazy...i'm trying to find where she said it but can't. oh, i've gone mad.

You're absolutely right Croissant - it's mentioned in the On the Hunt thread (post #31) and also in Neeya's signature.

SANITY SAVED!!!!! ;)

Actually, I was the opposite of you - for my first Hermes bag, I wanted something different, not just a basic black/tan etc (since many other brands do lovely black bags)... so my first is a Rouge Garance!!

If you love color, go for it! As long as it coordinates with what you own already, it'll be a great purchase.

well, black bags are more practical and can be used even when you are wearing colorful clothing.... the rouge H also works in winter (have a bolide in clemence) and it worked well........ the question is, which bag truly speaks to you??? a birkin, bolide, or a HAC????