I'm still the Cool Aunt!

1. #1 Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    I love finding Coach bargains, both for myself and to give as gifts and my neices are frequent recipients of some of these gifts. Early this year I picked up a Julia Legacy Striped Swingpack 46801 for $56 total (MSRP = $138 plus tax). I didn't want it for myself but I figured that it would make a nice gift for someone.

One of my neices graduated from college recently and I am very proud of her. The last time I saw her she was carrying a Grammercy Swingpack that I had given her so I knew that she liked swingpacks. This weekend I had a chance to see her again so I gave her the Julia swingpack along with a nice check. She appreciated both gifts and she "loved, loved, loved!!!" the Julia swingpack!

Before I gifted it to her, I gave it a couple of applications of apple rain garde - she is a responsible young woman but it is a delicate fabric and I would have done the same if I was planning to carry it myself. I also found a small Coach dustbag that was just the right size for it, and I wrapped it in Coach tissue and put it inside a legacy striped, small boutique bag, so it was a very nice gift - and it cemented my position as "the Cool Aunt!"

JuliaLegacySwingpack46801.jpg JuliaLegacySwingpack46801_002.jpg JuliaLegacySwingpack46801_003.jpg
  2. OMG I've always loved that swingpack. BE MY COOL AUNTIE TOO, PLEASE!! :biggrin:

3. I am sure that your niece is enjoying her legacy swing pack. That was very sweet and thoughtful of you to do this for her. :smile:

4. Aw, you're pretty awesome. You even protected the bag before gifting. :biggrin:

5. Thanks, I enjoyed giving it to her and I am glad that she likes it.

The way I got it was kind of unusal. I was trying to acquire a collection of the julia legacy stripe card cases to give as gifts to my office co-workers for administrative assistants day. I got three of them from the outlet but they wouldn't let me buy any others - just in case I was a reseller! They only had to check my buying record in their computer to see that I wasn't a reseller, but instead they forced me to go to ebay and pay higher prices with the resellers in order to get the number I needed! Geesh!

Anyway, one of the vendors sent the swingpack to me by mistake instead of a card case. She didn't want to pay for return shipping so we agreed on a price of $56 shipped and I think that was a good price because it is a pretty and unusal bag!

6. Thanks, yes, it is such a delicate, brightly-colored sateen fabric; I think it needs protection!

7. Awwww, don't you love gifting when the recipient loves the gift? Awesome!

8. What a nice gift...glad your niece loved it! Very sweet of you to gift it to her; you're the cool aunt for sure!

9. That is a nice gift and I'm sure your niece enjoys it!

10. Awww...KateV...you are the COOL AUNT!!!

YOU ROCK!! :tup:

11. Love it! I picked up one at the outlet back in August for my college-aged daughter for Xmas so I know your niece will love it. Can't remember what I paid but you did well on the price (I am thinking it was around $60).

12. Awesome gift, and it always feels so good when you know they really love it.

13. I get to be the "Cool Aunt" just once and awhile to, but my neice is younger. Your gift was so thoughtfully given, your neice is very lucky!

14. What a great gift~~~
    I love the Legacy stripe!!
    I would say you are a VERY COOL AUNT!!!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

15. You are VERY COOL :cool::cool: !!! What an awesome gift!