I'm still getting that maintenance message

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Anyone else? I was on the board reading a thread and went to post-when i clicked on to reply-it brought me to the page that says the board was down for maintenance, bla, bla, bla. it took me about 5 minutes more to get back in.

Is it happening to anybody else?

I am able to get on through my slow AOL connection, however I can't even log on with comcast. I get that maintenance message. I guess they are still working on it? AOL is soooo slow!

The problem with Comcast is that they did not update their Domain Name Server (DNS) settings yet, I updated them yesterday and it seems to take longer for them to propagate the settings across their network. Hang in there, it will be resolved on their end eventually.

I have dozens of Comcast subscribers complaining about not being able to log on yet, not much I can do unfortunately.

Here's something you can try to do if you're on a Windows computer:

Go to Start Menu, go to Run... and type in 'cmd'. At the prompt, type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press Enter.

It should now say:

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Then, restart the computer. Try accessing tPF with your Internet Explorer or browser of choice.

Here's something you can try to do if you're on a Windows computer:

Go to Start Menu, go to Run... and type in 'cmd'. At the prompt, type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press Enter.

It should now say:

Then, restart the computer. Try accessing tPF with your Internet Explorer or browser of choice.

thanks-that seems to have helped me Vlad!

Vlad, I need your help. I follow what you said "type in 'cmd'. At the prompt, type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press Enter." and I restart my computer.
However, i still get the msg saying tpf is maintain..........

:sad: I tried couple times and i can finally log on again

I have internet through Comcast, too, and I couldn't log on until this morning. I was shocked to find out that the forum was back up at around 4pm eastern time yesterday! But everything has been working fine for me since then.

*Sigh*

Ok I officially hate comcast. It only lets me stay on here 5 min at a time. Then it sends me back to the under construction page. This sucks. I'm goin try what you suggested Vlad.