I'm STILL confused...Apple Garde or SM or...?

1. I know there have been countless threads about this already....but I'm still confused due to information overload. :blink: Apologies in advance.

New LV Vachetta....what product is the best to use? I want to condition before I protect, I know that much. But which weather proofer should I use?

Or should I use Wilson's or Collonil? :wacko: :wondering :wacko: :wondering

Slinking back to my corner now. :hrmm:

2. don't feel bad I'm kinda confused myself and haven't done anything to my LVs or leather/suede bags at all because of it! looking forward to responses.

3. I only have experience with Apple Gard and Wilson's and I prefer Wilson's. It dries so fast and does not leave a mark. I use it on all my bags - including the vachetta, inside and outside fabrics. I have never had a problem with Wilson's.:smile:

4. I've used wilson spray and s/m and out of both the s/m dries a lot faster.
    I'm not sure if they work the same since i dont use my bags in bad weather. But I did use the s/m on my denim bag to water proof it.

I think its personal preference.

5. Both work well. On my about me page I have instructions and pictures on how to use Apple products (the link is in my signature).

6. Nothing!!!!

7. I don't recommend Apple Garde. In my experience, it doesn't give an even patina and also darkens the leather. SM is much better, IMO.

8. I use nothing!

9. I've used SM but haven't "tested" it by wearing my bag in the rain yet.

10. I use SM. It worked on my bag. Today it sprinkled and I had no shoice but to carry my bag out. No water spots.

11. I've used Collonil on my Mulberry bags as per Mulberry's recommendation. They came out great. No problems. I just bought Apple Gard conditioner and spray today at Burlington Coat Factory. I was going to use it on my new summer bags - white and pale rose Bbags and a Gucci bag that is trimmed in off-white leather. Now you guys have me a little nervous about using it. What to do ....

12. Did you condition the bags first? Would you if it were a brand new bag?

13. I don't use anything. I've had my Recital since Feb. and it is just starting to get a little patina. I'm too scared to spray it with anything. :amuse:

14. I don't condition brand new bags. I just use the Wilson's spray on new bags. If I buy a used bag, I clean the leather with LeatherCPR (if needed) then use the Wilson's spray. HTH

15. I've used SM only so far and like it. I have apple care but didn't buy the spray. It's a personal preference. My next LV piece will probably have nothing on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice