I'm sorry Goyard, I'm not impressed :-(

I got my orange pm from Barney NYC in May,I almost use it everyday and 4 sides of the handle are all cracking.Well,I will keep using it until it all get tear and maybe replace it.
Too bad ,this will be my only and last goyard bag.

I live in Continental Europe and have experienced cracks on my yellow PM St. Louis after only a couple of weeks of very moderate use (I definitely am no pack rat and hardly ever have more than a wallet, agenda and small cosmetic case with me. Okay, plus mobile but thats it).
I find this extremely disturbing and not okay for a $$ bag...

At me it is the same! I love my blue bag but i would not buy an other bag from Goyard. Now i knew i should have buy a Hermès Garden with better handles.

this is going to be my next bag purchase but after reading this, i am no longer sure at this point! good thing i still have have a long time before it's time to buy, but still... :sad: :sad: this truly is disappointing to hear....

unfortunately, i don't like LV so i can't get a neverfull..... gotta start researching to find out a similar tote that has great quality and great customer service :sad:

sorry about your experience OP! :sad:

Ditto! I was thinking about a Goyard, but after reading this: hell to the no. The problem is that I don't like LV either (one black gm monogram denim with a lavish saffron suede lining aside) so I am kinda looking for the perfect everyday bag that withstands rain. No luck so far. I tried looking for a Dior Panarea, but It hasn't been easy. NOt a logo fan either, so no Fendis & Co. Any suggestions?

ps: I would say "yay" to saffiano leather, but "nay" to Prada.

ps2: I live in continental Europe and I had wonderful customer care from both LV and MiuMiu.

im still searching! for a second, i thought about the Hermes garden bag... i think that's what it's called. but the handles are too structured for me!! i want it more flexible like that of a St Louis :sad:

i dont mind Prada but i already have one (messenger bag) so I really want a different brand.

maybe by the time im done saving up for the St Louis, their customer service would've improved already? hehe... wishful thinking!!!

I was so set on getting a St. Louis PM black, but this thread is totally stopping me from doing so....:sad:

A part of me is wishing that the cases of cracked handles are rare and one in a whole bunch, but why do I get the feeling they're very common?

I just received my first Goyard (St. Louis GM black on black) and I can see clearly why the glazing of the handles would start cracking. First, the straps/handles are suprisingly stiff (considering the bag itself is so "floppy"). Interestingly, the straps get progressively thicker toward the middle (top) of each strap, such that the four points of connection of each strap to the body of the bag are the thinnest parts of the strap. However, the glazing is quite thick and glossy along the length of the strap, thus I can see why the flex "joints" are stress points and that the glazing at those points would eventually be over-flexed to the point where it would crack. That said, I'll be looking for the cracking glazing, just hoping not to find it...

yikes! i'm thinking of getting a sac hardy pm in white.

quality and service sure has gone down.

actually i bought a croissiere & a fidji last may 2008. i had problems with one of the corners of the croissiere (leather split), wrote them and had it shipped and repaired FREE OF CHARGE!

in 2009 i used my fidji on a caribbean cruise & carried a LOT! towel, swimsuit, flip flops, makeup pouch & even a DSLR camera. the bag is fine.

my bags are still there, not used very much (because i bought other bags) but i still love them just the same.

Wow, sorry to hear that this is going on and they are not doing anything about it. I can't stand a company that does not acknowledge the importance of their customers. I really wanted a Goyard but not if this is what I will be receiving....no thanks. Daggone shame too. I love monogrammed stuff!

Realised this thread is old. Irregardless, I'm not impressed with Goyard's after-service and already knew about this for a long time. I still love my Goyards and have stopped buying for a long time. There's nothing which attracts me anymore at the moment.