I'm soooo mad!

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
Ok-so I know I just posted a thread about getting some new bags. A few minutes later, I was admiring my NEW (like 3 weeks old) mono speedy 25 and noticed a crack/peeling of the red vachetta around the brass handle of my speedy. I am soo mad that this would happen after 3 weeks of owning my speedy. I also noticed fraying of the yellow thread in the same area. I tried to take a pic, but it is coming out blurry :sad:

I called the local LV boutique and they said to bring it in. I just know that they will probably tell me that it is normal wear and tear, but after 3 weeks? It is a small crack but I am sure it will get bigger over time.

Should I take it in? If they are nice, would they give me a brand new one? Or even better a store credit and I could upgrade to something else.

Has this happened to anyone?

I am sad :sad:

take it back for sure!! They should give you a new one if that is what you want.

I am going to go home after work today and pick up the receipt and keys. I will take it back and see what they say. I am so unsure of what I want. It took me sooo long to decide on the mono speedy 25. I will admit though that after using it for 3 weeks, I kind of want the 30 for the extra room. I get soo lost in the LV store. I just don't want to get there and be disappointed if they say that there is nothing they can do. Or get there and get a store credit or the option for a new one and not know what to do. I am very indecisive and this experience has made me question the quality of LV altogether :sad:

I believe LV has a warranty against things like this for the first year. They will most likely either offer you a replacement or send it off for repair at no charge to you. Try to stay calm and work thru it with them. I know it's upsetting but I'm sure you will end being more than happy in the end.

I believe LV has a warranty against things like this for the first year. They will most likely either offer you a replacement or send it off for repair at no charge to you. Try to stay calm and work thru it with them. I know it's upsetting but I'm sure you will end being more than happy in the end.

great advice

I'm sure they will replace it for you... it has only been 3 weeks and there is no other show of wear and tear other than the things you mentioned.. right? It shouldn't be a problem. Good luck and keep us posted :smile: