I'm soooo in luv

lotusfeet

Apr 23, 2015
So, my 3rd Bal and my 2nd City! I'm so in luv that I take her out to look at her every morning! However,what's driving me crazy is I have no idea what colour she is? I'm thinking she is a Bleu Rivage, but how come this colour isn't on the '16 FW swatches at all? Can anyone help? I saw a similar colour on Reebonz but the code is different? Also, I had to put a filter on the phone for the colour to vaguely resemble the real life colour. She is much more vibrant in RL. The SA told me that this is new hardware as well, can you also tell me what hw this this please? Sorry the photos are not brilliant! I had to sneakily take them before hubby came home :P

Attachments

• BleuBal.jpg
    BleuBal.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 687
  • BleuBalPaperTag.JPG
    BleuBalPaperTag.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 632
  • BleuBalLeatherTag.JPG
    BleuBalLeatherTag.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
So, my 3rd Bal and my 2nd City! I'm so in luv that I take her out to look at her every morning! However,what's driving me crazy is I have no idea what colour she is? I'm thinking she is a Bleu Rivage, but how come this colour isn't on the '16 FW swatches at all? Can anyone help? I saw a similar colour on Reebonz but the code is different? Also, I had to put a filter on the phone for the colour to vaguely resemble the real life colour. She is much more vibrant in RL. The SA told me that this is new hardware as well, can you also tell me what hw this this please? Sorry the photos are not brilliant! I had to sneakily take them before hubby came home :P
I don't see any photos...

Love the bag! Congrats! I love the blue against the dark hardware. I'm not sure what the color is but I think the hardware is Giant 12 Aged Brass Hardware. Not 100% sure that's the official name. I tried on a burgundy small City with this hardware and I loved it!

Love the bag! Congrats! I love the blue against the dark hardware. I'm not sure what the color is but I think the hardware is Giant 12 Aged Brass Hardware. Not 100% sure that's the official name. I tried on a burgundy small City with this hardware and I loved it!
Not speaking to authenticity or colour but I think it's G12 gold, I've never seen any of the giant hardware in aged brass, and as far as I know it's been discontinued on any of the bags.

Not speaking to authenticity or colour but I think it's G12 gold, I've never seen any of the giant hardware in aged brass, and as far as I know it's been discontinued on any of the bags.

Yes, i believe the original, small Regular hardware were discontinued and replaced with regular sized gold and silver. I don't think it's G12 Gold hardware. I have a G12 Gold hardware City bag and that's a really gold in comparison to this. I'm pretty sure this is a new hardware style or an exclusive release. I've seen it in authentic Balenciaga stockists stores. I could be wrong though as i am not a Balenciaga expert. So if anyone else has an idea i would love to hear their thoughts on exactly what color and style this hardware is. :flowers:

Last edited:
Yes, i believe the original, small Regular hardware were discontinued and replaced with regular sized gold and silver. I don't think it's G12 Gold hardware. I have a G12 Gold hardware City bag and that's a really gold in comparison to this. I'm pretty sure this is a new hardware style or an exclusive release. I've seen it in authentic Balenciaga stockists stores. I could be wrong though as i am not a Balenciaga expert. So if anyone else has an idea i would love to hear their thoughts on exactly what color and style this hardware is. :flowers:
Interesting, the only "giant" hardware I see listed on the Bal website is either G12 silver or gold...I don't know much about the current seasons though.
Edit, apparently I'm out of touch, spotted fashion lists it in gunmetal and brass...

Last edited:
v
Interesting, the only "giant" hardware I see listed on the Bal website is either G12 silver or gold...I don't know much about the current seasons though.
Edit, apparently I'm out of touch, spotted fashion lists it in gunmetal and brass...

Thank you for letting me know about Spotted Fashion. I just checked out their article and it is indeed a new type of hardware. Love this forum, can discuss and learn new things everyday. :smile::flowers:

Reactions: muchstuff

Hi lotusfeet, I've found two colors from the new Balenciaga collection that may be the color of your bag. It may simply be 'Blue' or 'Bluette'. Both these blue colors came with the new Giant 12 Gunmetal or Aged Brass Hardware. I've attached pics, i hope this helps. :smile:

Attachments

• Balenciaga-Blue-Giant-12-Gunmetal-City-Bag.jpg
    Balenciaga-Blue-Giant-12-Gunmetal-City-Bag.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 540
  • Balenciaga-Bluette-Giant-12-Gunmetal-City-S-Bag.jpg
    Balenciaga-Bluette-Giant-12-Gunmetal-City-S-Bag.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 534
ReebonzBalCity.jpg Thanks lovely ladies. Can anyone else please help to identify the colour? I found a picture on Reebonz which matches the colour of my bag, But how come the code is totally different? In love with this new hardware!

Hi Have you found out what color the bag is? I am looking at the similar blue color bal city in reebonz and I'm not sure if it's authentic, as again I can't find the blue in the 2016 FW collection