I'm so UPSET, bought a FAKE CHANEL for $1,700 HELP!!

Seems like the seller is being very upfront and open about your purchase. Please check with the Chanel forum and research all the information the seller has provided.
I hope it all works out.

UPDATE: She emailed me responses a dozen times today confirming this bag is real, faxed me the receipt and called and left me a voice mail. I am going back to NM today to try and figure this out with the receipt copy. She also gave me the name of the sales person at the store she deals with and said to call her or have my MN call her to verify.

Regarding the post above me about the other Modern chain listed 3 times, I asked her about that and she said the first two were non-paying bidders, the third one bought it.
I am taking pics now to post....

You may go to more than one store to authenticate this bag. As for the non-paying bidder, it is interesting those non-paying bidder would leave her positive feedback.

Uhh. Sorry handbag angel, I want to question this one..

I looked closely at these links. Link one and 3 are identical and are to the same buyer. Link two, which was the earliest was to a 0 feedback bidder. So it is one bag, which was sold to a 0 bidder who didn't pay. Then it was resold to a bidder with 33 feedback. So nothing really suspicious on that count.

As michelle said, OP needs to post in the authenticate this chanel link.

I don't think the 1st and 3rd ones were bought by the same buyer. Please check her feedback. All those three feedback were left by three different buyers. According to the seller, among the three positive feedback, two of them were left by non-paying bidders. This is very interesting....

SAs at Neiman Marcus are not qualified to authenticate Chanel bags- first you don't know how long the person has worked for Chanel and most SAs are not aware of all styles out there including vintage. Chanel store won't authenticate them either unless you send it for a repair.

There are sellers here who sold authentic items and then because buyers claimed they're fake so they have lost both money and their items. Since the seller offered a full refund if not authentic and looks to be a reputable seller, I wouldn't panic and take necessary steps to authenticate the item.

Here is my post on the auth. board - http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this/please-help-auth-chanel-modern-chain-hobo-w-486303.html

and here is a link to the gallery of pics I just took: http://img18.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc0001yux.jpg

I apprecaite all of your comments :smile:

You accidentally posted the pictures in the wrong ""authenticate it" thread. You have to go into the CHANEL section.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...please-read-rules-use-format-post-479010.html

However, I did look at your pictures from your gallery, and the bag is authentic. If you would like a second opinion please post your same pictures in the link above.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc0014dgu.jpg/

Your picture of the hologram sticker (which looks exactly like it should - not fake) also matches the exact one in the listing so there was no bait-in-switch.

Last edited:
Thank you Michele, I posted on that link you gave me. I am so confused now as to why the SA at NM said it was fake???

-Oh half the time they don't know what the hell they are talking about! I consigned 4 bags (happed to be 'vintage' early to mid-1990's) to a local designer resale shop and the consignor had a 'friend' who worked at Chanel who 'would' auth on the side,and "oh she knows vintage" and she said they were fake! I was incensed, I bought them at NM.

I took the bags back, where they promptly sold on Ann's Fabulous Finds within 24 hours of putting them up.

She had sold one of the bags to a good customer in FL who was enraged when 'her' SA said it was fake. They often don't know sh&& about vintage, especially. The bags are damn older than they are half the time.

I know my rant is about vintage, but I don't belive the SA's are the be-all and end-all of Chanel knowledge. Call me cycnical.

I never have dealt with my local consignment store again.

Last edited: