I'm so torn! :(

winnie83

May 14, 2008
I feel like such a spoiled brat for thinking like this...but I can't help it!

Just a month ago I purchased my Marylebone GM from Paris after agonyzing between getting it vs the DE Neverfull MM. I was so sure that my heart is set on the Marylebone in the end that I didn't even try on the Neverfull at the store...

But now I can't stop thinking about the NF...especially when I see someone carrying one. :sad: I don't want to (and can't anyway, since I've used it already) exchange my Marylebone for a NF here because it's a nice reminder of my trip and all...

What would you do in this situation??

Are you unhappy with your purchase or just still thinking about the Neverfull also? Maybe you can enjoy your purchase and save up for the Neverfull? This happened with my last purchase. It was between the Metis hobo (comfort) or the Artsy (beauty) and I went with the Metis. I haven't been disappointed with my decision at all but, like you, I haven't been able to get the Artsy out of my head. I've been saving up and want to get the Artsy to add to my collection as well very soon.

In your mind it is the 'one that got away'. We all go through this. Plan to get one particular bag and end up with a different one all together. Unfortunately the 'want' doesn't go away :graucho: Perhaps you can put your mind at peace if you start a Neverfull fund :lol:

Well since you have used exchanging is out of the question. Maybe just save up for the Neverfull. There are tons PreLoved. Sorry I hate second guessing myself that is why I do not use the bag until I am sure.

Be blessed,
MoNikki

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Save up for neverfull. It may take a few months but if you discipline yourself you can do it. But if you just don't like your Marylebone as much that's a different story because you might get buyers remorse and never wear it. I saved and saved for a Tivoli PM. Then when I finally got it, I hated it. Wore it maybe six times in a year. I finally sold it at a $300 loss but I was just wasting money keeping it. Did same thing when I bought Speedy 25 recently. I really wanted the Speedy B but said hey I'll get what I can afford. Had it three days and said I'm not making that mistake again and took it back. So I say if you can save the money fast then try to do that. But if it's always on your mind then you have to figure out a way to get sooner than later. It will eat you up when you see it, especially coming on PF, lol.

I wasn't terribly familiar with the Marylebone so I checked it out and I see it's pretty similar to the NF. Maybe you could save for a NF in Mono or DA??

I was in (almost) the same situation about 2 bags... The Alma PM MC or Montana in Noir Magnetique. I went with the Alma as it was being discontinued and am hoping to buy the Montana in the future.. save up for the NF and enjoy the Marylebone until then :smile:

I would save up for the NF if you just can't get your mind off of it. You might even consider pre-loved. I have a little stash I call my "Louis Loot". I have fun finding creative ways to contribute to it and it is so exciting when I get to spend it on something I really love!

Thanks for the replies!!!

I do love my Marylebone and I feel bad when I think of the NF while wearing her...it's almost like I'm cheating on a lover, lol!

I will probably get a NF some time in the not-so-near future, I just wish I could be content with my new bag instead of being so distracted by the "what ifs". :sad: Doesn't help that they do look very alike and I will feel guilty buying both...

I feel like such a spoiled brat for thinking like this...but I can't help it!

Just a month ago I purchased my Marylebone GM from Paris after agonyzing between getting it vs the DE Neverfull MM. I was so sure that my heart is set on the Marylebone in the end that I didn't even try on the Neverfull at the store...

But now I can't stop thinking about the NF...especially when I see someone carrying one. :sad: I don't want to (and can't anyway, since I've used it already) exchange my Marylebone for a NF here because it's a nice reminder of my trip and all...

What would you do in this situation??
I would just wait and save up for a nf . Who knows , you may just be happy with your Marylebone and not even want a nf anymore. If not , then you by all means get your nf . You wont stop thinking about it at that point .Besides you do see the nf alot , you dont with the Marylebone. Makes it more unique and stand out from the crowd :biggrin:

I would save up for a NF BUT wait until they come out with a limited edition version. They did the NF in the roses, kusama, and ikat. I'm sure there will be another LE version of it. Then it will be even more special.

I would sell the Marylebone and get the DE NF MM! I just really prefer the NF! Sorry Cougster, but I don't agree with what you said, that the NF is a starter bag. I have many bags of much higher prices and the NF is my favorite to carry.
It's just a great bag!! Good luck OP!