I'm so Torn!

lilmountaingirl

~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
O.G.
May 5, 2008
Please help my confusion! So i am a lover of chunky jewelry but i will only wear one or two things at a time. I love charm bracelets and men's sized watches. I also love very delicate, dainty jewelry but there is no middle for me. It is either teenie tiny unnoticeable or statement. My hubby offered to get me a Rolex for my bday. I would pick the men's datejust two tone. But i was thinking i also love the Cartier LOVE bracelet. I don't see myself ever wearing them together, it just isn't my style and i have a 5 1/2 inch wrist. I would wear the men's rolex every day (my current watch is 38 mm). I don't like the idea of parting with my charm bracelets so i would possibly wear the watch with one charm at a time or with a small bangle but i feel like that is maybe even too much. I could see myself stacking the LOVE bracelet with more charms or charm bracelets, etc. Which would you choose?

I'm very similar to you, I love big statement pieces or delicate small jewelry. Do you have a pic of your charm bracelet? I know I want the Cartier LOVE bracelet one day, but I don't wear a charm bracelet, just a big oversized watch and small bangles on my non-watch wrist.

Rolex.

I went through a similar debate myself. I wanted to get myself a grad school present and was torn between a rolex and a Cartier love. I picked the rolex, it's much more useful and I actually am really enjoying wearing it. I also liked having the option to take it off when I wanted.... That being said, next excuse I'll find I'll probably snag myself the love. But I don't ever regret picking the watch over the bracelet.

I'd get the Love.
Maybe after you've had it for a while and tried stacking it with other watches in addition to bracelets you'll see the potential to wear it with a rolex. And then for some other occasion you can get the rolex.

Besides, you can only wear one watch at a time. You'll be able to enjoy the Love with everything.

I'm very similar to you, I love big statement pieces or delicate small jewelry. Do you have a pic of your charm bracelet? I know I want the Cartier LOVE bracelet one day, but I don't wear a charm bracelet, just a big oversized watch and small bangles on my non-watch wrist.

i've been meaning to take pics but haven't... They are Tiffany's charm bracelets. I have a small link bracelet with five charms and a standard link bracelet with three charms (i think). But the charms can all be removed or interchanged so i could do one at a time. I also have a necklace that you can stick one charm on at a time. Sometimes i wear both charm bracelets together because i like it. Lol. I also have a small diamond bangle that i wear every day.

i've been meaning to take pics but haven't... They are Tiffany's charm bracelets. I have a small link bracelet with five charms and a standard link bracelet with three charms (i think). But the charms can all be removed or interchanged so i could do one at a time. I also have a necklace that you can stick one charm on at a time. Sometimes i wear both charm bracelets together because i like it. Lol. I also have a small diamond bangle that i wear every day.

Ah, I see. If you want to wear your charm bracelets every day I think I would lean to the Rolex. You could have your Rolex and maybe the small diamond bangle on one wrist and your charm bracelets on the other wrist - still not OTT for every day. If your current watch isn't already a nice one - I would do the Rolex. :smile: I'm not feeling the LOVE with those charm bracelets - JMO tho.

Hmm this is tough. I have both and I love both equally and wear both everyday. If I had to choose just one, I wouldn't be able to. But if I had a gun to my head i'd say the Rolex just because it is more noticeable. Everyone compliments my watch, I think I've only gotten one or two compliments on my love. Now if you wanted something more discreet, get the love.

You are going to want both! Plain and simple! Get the watch now and bargain for the bracelet later! I want the 36mm Rolex and wear a love bracelet on my right wrist. I've tried on my DH's 36mm R watch and it looks great with the love on the other wrist.
Do you have another smaller watch? Maybe do a bracelet stack on your right wrist when wearing a smaller watch and go more minimal when wearing the Rolex?

You are going to want both! Plain and simple! Get the watch now and bargain for the bracelet later! I want the 36mm Rolex and wear a love bracelet on my right wrist. I've tried on my DH's 36mm R watch and it looks great with the love on the other wrist.
Do you have another smaller watch? Maybe do a bracelet stack on your right wrist when wearing a smaller watch and go more minimal when wearing the Rolex?

This is what i'm afraid of! Lol. I parted with my small watch so i only have my 38mm one now. I've always only worn things on one wrist at a time but maybe i'm limiting myself too much...

Rolex.

I went through a similar debate myself. I wanted to get myself a grad school present and was torn between a rolex and a Cartier love. I picked the rolex, it's much more useful and I actually am really enjoying wearing it. I also liked having the option to take it off when I wanted.... That being said, next excuse I'll find I'll probably snag myself the love. But I don't ever regret picking the watch over the bracelet.

I'm glad there are others! Lol. This helps me, thank you.