Im so sad

The same thing happened to me several years ago when I lived in another state. Apparently my husband left the garage door open and someone came in during the night and stole my husband's wallet and my brand new Chanel bag. Fortunately I had the receipt for my bag and wallet and our homeowner's gave me a check for the amount. I remember feeling so scared and violated that someone had been in my home and taken our things....but mostly grateful that my family was unharmed. I'm SO sorry this happened to you....

Wow! Sorry 2 hear that. Was anything else taken?

So sorry to hear that! Thank God you're okay. In my old neighborhood we had home invasions- where the thieves tied people up and loaded appliances, furniture, etc onto a truck in broad daylight! No one suspected anything- it looked like they were moving. These thieves are very sneaky and brazen. It's only in the past few years I've finally gotten an alarm system and dogs!

We used to have a fake camera that would start blinking and track people if they came near the driveway or front door! Maybe you can google some of those gadgets!

OMG, so glad you or your family were not hurt... Something similar happened to my neighbour. I saw a guy hanging outside her townhouse (which adjoined mine). At first I thought it was her husband waiting for her. But he kept going from back door to front door, so I called the complex manager. By the time he walked 200m to our houses, the guy had gone in the back door and snatched her bag off the stair railing. My neighbour was in the shower.. arghhh creepy and scary.

I can tell you... I slept with a really big knife under my pillow for months :roflmfao:

Wow! Sorry 2 hear that. Was anything else taken?
Nope, that was it. My Chanel bag and my husband's wallet were side by side on a table downstairs (I've since stopped doing that). It was very creepy and odd...and again, we were VERY lucky that nothing else was taken and that my 4 kids were not bothered or harmed.....

So sad to hear. glad that you and your family are safe.

Though I may sound paranoid. this time, always lock the doors.
Ever the buglers now know what designers brands are.

Take care!

No. They only took the one on my table. Nothing else. Same at other house. I dont know if theres was a designer. The thing is if u walk by my house u can see the bag on my table from the outside. Now my blind is down 24/7. I cant figure out y they didnt take anything else.
So glad that you or you son were not hurt! It is easy to understand that you feel violated and shaken. Something very similar happened to my mom several years ago. My dad left the garage door open (totally unlike him) and my mom had left an expensive handbag purchased in Italy in the utility room. Someone came in and only took the bag, and nothing else. Perhaps the biggest hassle (besides losing the hand bag and some cash) was trying to get all of the cards cancelled and replacing the other items such as license, etc. Best of luck to you in recovering what you can from the insurance and stay safe!:hugs:

Sometimes when one lives in a nice place, they tend to have a false sense of security. I don't get how people can go to bed or leave the house without locking their doors or shutting their windows... It's just tempting a break in. It makes it easier for the robbers. Sigh... This world is getting crazier by the hour.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support. I now leave the blinds fown 24/7 and windows closed. Its hard to sleep at night and i do feel violated especially thinking what could have happened. Yes its a pain gettin all my cards closed its like starting over. Im just worried because my social security number with my license was in my wallet. The economy has made the crime rate go so high

:sad: I feel so sorry for you, I can't imagine what it must have felt like. So glad you and your family are ok!

Maybe your insurance company can repay you the loss? It works like that here in Sweden anyway (as long as you've got receipts for the items).

How scary that someone breaks into your home while you and your family are inside sleeping. Even if you lost lovely and precious items I have to say I'm so happy nothing more serious happened, because there are so many sick people out there. This was so unexpected and must feel absolutely horrible that some criminal violates your personal space. Hope you don't feel insecure, but be prepared if possible. Allert the neighbourhood so this creepy person is caught. I also hope your insurance will cover the immediate losses, but the feeling of someone uninvited being in your home must be awful. So sorry this happened to you and your son. I live next door to the US embassy and they have cameras and guards everywhere. At times it can feel a bit of a nuisance but reading news like this makes me appreciate things we take for granted.. Wish something good in life happens to you next...