I'm so sad, my MC Zippy coin purse was defective

keokicat

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
I received my much anticipated black MC zippy coin purse, only to immediately send it back to the store because it was defective. I was really sad cuz it was exactly the color combination I wanted (lots of pink).

There was a 1/4 section on one side where the red glaze was missing. In this section, the canvas could actually be lifted up and separated from whatever material is below it. So, it looked like a tear. I was afraid this "tear" would get bigger as time went on, and didn't want to chance it. As soon as I noticed the problem, I immediately called the store I bought it from. The leather goods manager was sympathetic and told me she would ship a replacement tomorrow. However, when I called back later in the day to give her my Fed Ex tracking number, she told me they were sold out :cursing: but would try to get one from another store. I'm hoping it will be soon, in a in a color scheme that I like, and at the pre-increase price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

What is it with LV and their Quality control these days. Theres has been a few posts regarding defects and faults!

I’m getting quite concern…

I read this post on line regarding LV Made in India?!?!?! What the?

Check out this video...now would you want to buy the India-made or Europe-made LV?

PARIS, FRANCE and PONDICHERRY, INDIA: Louis Vuitton’s reputation is built on its Parisian origins and the romance of European craftsmanship. But will the brand dilute its value when it moves its production facilities from Europe to India? Will the brand’s shoes retain their claim to have been ’made in Italy’, when they are manufactured in India? Will Louis Vuitton watches retain their cachet if they are ’made in India’ rather than in Switzerland? Join Martin Lindstrom in Paris and Pondicherry to ponder the perils of strategies that might not match core brand values.

http://www.martinlindstrom.com/site_files/main_content/blog_player.php/id__69

BTW - good luck with the exchange. Im keeping my fingers cross for you also

You poor thing! I know you were excited about getting your MC Zippy Coin purse and it's such a disappointment this keeps happening lately. So sorry. They should definitely replace it for you ASAP, as you already had one, and definitely at the pre-increase price. That's only fair. It's not your fault it was defective!!! Good luck to you!

Argh another defect!?!?! :cursing: And on your beautiful MC! I think we should have a thread to count the number of defects LV has had in the past 2 years!

Sorry to hear that has happened to you! They definitely need to replace it and at the cost before the increase!

Thanks. I knew you guys would understand my disappointment.

I called the leather goods manager again today....she seems to be getting less and less helpful each time I talk to her. Maybe she's tired of hearing from me. Anyways, I told her to just hold off replacing the item until they get a new shipment in. I would rather wait and pick one in the color scheme I want than have just anything shipped to me right now just for the sake of getting something. I tried to get a hold of the SA who originally helped me (she's really friendly), but she's on vacation this week. I guess I'll have to wait until next week. :sad: