I'm so sad. Am I overreacting?!

Adaniels729

Oct 10, 2015
I decided to purchase a classic gold hardware WOC, my first ever Chanel purchase. After waiting 2 weeks the SA called today. She said she had my bag and would send it to me. I was so excited....was. Then she sent me a picture and the plastic hardware protection is missing and there appears to be a little spot along the bottom edge of the flap. I'm so sad. I have never spent this much on a handbag before and I expected a new bag, not a return.... and also perfection... champagne... a red carpet... light shining down illuminating my new bag. Lol. Am I overreacting?! Should I wait for another one? Is it I don't know how hard it is to get a classic WOC. I'm an LV girl and not used to waiting.
IMG_5194.jpg

I decided to purchase a classic gold hardware WOC, my first ever Chanel purchase. After waiting 2 weeks the SA called today. She said she had my bag and would send it to me. I was so excited....was. Then she sent me a picture and the plastic hardware protection is missing and there appears to be a little spot along the bottom edge of the flap. I'm so sad. I have never spent this much on a handbag before and I expected a new bag, not a return.... and also perfection... champagne... a red carpet... light shining down illuminating my new bag. Lol. Am I overreacting?! Should I wait for another one? Is it I don't know how hard it is to get a classic WOC. I'm an LV girl and not used to waiting.
View attachment 4079584

Not having a protective plastic is not an indicator of return or damage. Plenary of SA take protective plastic stickers off when showing merchandise to customers. I can see the little dot at the bottom of the flap that you are referring to, however it may be easily removable like some clear glue. I would not get upset. I think you should wait until you get the bag and see how you like it. If you like it and this little thing turn out to be nothing then you will have a gorgeous bag, if it is a real bad flaw then you can send it back. Let us updated once you get the bag.

All I know is that with Chanel bags we pay for the experience and the 'feeling' in addition to the actual bag. So whether or not you're overreacting or not isn't the question you should be asking. One person may be bothered by the white dot or the lack of protective plastic. Another person may clean it up and rip off the protection instantly anyway. To each her own. But if you're not 100% happy and thrilled with what you're getting, you shouldn't pay so much money for it. WoCs aren't going anywhere and you can always find another one. Especially as you first Chanel ever. You may find that on your second or fifth purchase (it's addicting) you're a bit more relaxed about it; maybe not. It's totally fine either way. You should be happy and worry-free with your purchase. It should feel like a huge treat to yourself. Not prongs of worry or regret. Whether or not it's a return or it's a cleanable spot, you should just wait for an item you feel 100% about in color, hardware, style and CONDITION. Chanel has taught me over the last few years, unfortunately, that not all items sold in boutiques are necessarily in top condition :-s

I’ve always bought bags with protective sticker on. A WOC is not hard to come by. Just wait for another one if you’re not happy with it. Even better if you can buy from the store. Then the experience will be complete. I personally don’t like button closure WOCs. They do release seasonal WOCs with turnlocks or clasp openings, so do have a look at that too.

Some of the experience only happens in store, champagne etc... could you have gone to the store to pick up your bag? Don’t get me wrong, I love the experience. The pic looks pretty great, lovely bag with the exception of that one spot. Get the bag in your hands and see if that spot is easily removed, just guessing it think it will be. (Silly SA if that is the case as it should have been taken care of before that pic was taken and sent to you). I hope you find that the bag is perfect once it arrives.

I have the exact same one from Harrods and mine came with a sticker and was spot free. It's not hard to get these so wait it out. It's better to get something perfect and satisfactory versus just getting it and regretting the flaws. You'll love the WOC but just wait a little longer!

It came :smile: the plastic hardware sticker was in tact and the spot is gone. The flap is a little crooked tho. I have to decide if that's going to drive me nuts or if it's worth keeping.

Whether I keep it or not, I learned 2 things. 1. I'm the kind of person who should buy Chanel in person. 2. Don't freak out about an SA photo. It might not even be the bag she sends [emoji38]

Thank you everyone for your feedback! As always I am grateful to have TPF friends who will humor me in discussing things like protective hardware stickers. [emoji8]

Here she is.... made in France 26xxx series. The code on the tag says 00V.? I haven't seen that code on TPF except for red caviar. I'll ask about that elsewhere tho.

IMG_5351.jpg

It came :smile: the plastic hardware sticker was in tact and the spot is gone. The flap is a little crooked tho. I have to decide if that's going to drive me nuts or if it's worth keeping.

Whether I keep it or not, I learned 2 things. 1. I'm the kind of person who should buy Chanel in person. 2. Don't freak out about an SA photo. It might not even be the bag she sends [emoji38]

Thank you everyone for your feedback! As always I am grateful to have TPF friends who will humor me in discussing things like protective hardware stickers. [emoji8]

Here she is.... made in France 26xxx series. The code on the tag says 00V.? I haven't seen that code on TPF except for red caviar. I'll ask about that elsewhere tho.

View attachment 4084439

I think OOV is for a “classic”

View attachment 4084439
00V is the code for ' classic '. My jumbo black caviar with shw from 2012 has the code 00V as well meaning it's a classic.

Reactions: Dextersmom