I'm so excited!

I'm happy for you. I know very well how you feel about telling your folks. Just make them understand that this is what you really want and that you can always go back to school if this doesn't work.I trust they will give you their blessings.

helenNZ said:
So understand what you mean!!! i totally crapped out in school, my parents were and are still totally upset with me... i was suppose to be a doctor - yeah right!!! ha ha, my favourite pass time was sleeping in lectures! hehehe! im happy with my job now and i wouldn't change it for the world... my parents are starting to understand that i am supporting myself and i'm getting good money etc.... i think asian parents are quite difficult to understand - i know for a fact mine are still very much old school and still find it hard to adjust to kiwi life even though they've been here since they were both 18!

good luck aye! ***hugs***
You're so right. They want what's best for us but it's our life and we have to choose our path. My parents regret letting me come here to the US I think. I have felt that strongly many times. But I know I would be unhapy if I stayed back home. I've never been happier since I came here. I just wish they understood why.

Congrats on the job! I know that it will be hard to tell your family, but it is ultimately your life. I'm a huge advocate of people who don't know what they want to do to take some time off and experience the "real world" a bit as opposed to plowing through school. Sounds like you will have a wonderful time travelling and learning about people. Good luck!