I'm so depressed, my love for bags is going...

simplyprincess

Beauty is Orange...
Jul 5, 2006
The love is not there anymore....Normally I post in the Louis Vuitton forum, but I have had several depressing events happen to me that makes me question Louis Vuitton. Most of my collection consist of Louis Vuitton. I did have a couple of Hermes Birkins(just 2) and Chanel totes. Sadly in my excitement about Louis Vuitton I sold my Hermes. Now I am not feeling "the love" for my Louis. I used to get so excited every morning cause I would have to decide which bag to use that day (I never use the same bag, change them each day). Now I cant even do that. I want to feel the love again, I just dont know how. I am thinking of starting a new collection of purses. Some other designer...but who? What is stylish, chic, and timeless like Louis Vuitton? I feel so depressed I honestly feel like crying. My DH bought me the Damier Azur speedy, I dont even want to touch it. Sadly I hurt his feeling by not using it. He asked what other bags could he get for me, but I dont know. Please ladies....what am I to do? I want to love bags again. Should I buy a different designer? If so what do you recommend. Price is not a problem so please feel free to make any suggestions. Thanks and sorry for this long rant. I have no where else to turn too...

I can't suggest any other designers for you but I think that maybe you need a break. No buying. DOn't change bags for a while,etc. I go through every few years and tend to use one bag for a few weeks and even avoid going into bag boutiques and the bag section of dept store. Then one day I wil see a bag in a catalog, on someone etc and I will be hit again and the love is renewed.

It's like anything. If you love Spagetti and eat i everyday, eventually you will lose that. The only thing I can say is that take a small break. It may help more than you know.

Lara

I went out shopping the other day to use my coach pce and before I did I wanted to look at other purses to make sure I was getting what I really wanted. What I noticed about myself is nothing is making me feel very happy. I was wondering what makes this purse cost so much and it is just a bag...6 months ago I would have been in heaven. I don't know if because I buy so many bags or if my thoughts are changing. I own 31 bags different brands and such. I feel like why are some of these brands so expensive when the quality is not so great. I have bought Marc Jacobs, coach, LV, kate Spade, Cole Haan and a few others. I just don't feel the love...maybe it's the time of the year. I don't know I never thought I would be so unhappy about my purses. I think maybe I buy so I don't have to wait and therefore they aren't as important to me...I don't know but I may stop buying till that one thing comes along to make me feel that feeling again.

i guess i am going through the same phase .i kept buying bags for some time and all of a sudden i wonder why i spent so much on designer bags .whether u have a designer or a ordinary bag who will know other than yourself.All the ordinary bags also look as if they cost a lot and the bags these days are so faked ,who is to know ,then why spend so much on designers.
I have a designer nappa bag and also a leather bag which was given out as complements and that one is more soft than the nappa leather and it also is leather .so who knows the difference then:sad:

I can't suggest any other designers for you but I think that maybe you need a break. No buying. DOn't change bags for a while,etc. I go through every few years and tend to use one bag for a few weeks and even avoid going into bag boutiques and the bag section of dept store. Then one day I wil see a bag in a catalog, on someone etc and I will be hit again and the love is renewed.

It's like anything. If you love Spagetti and eat i everyday, eventually you will lose that. The only thing I can say is that take a small break. It may help more than you know.

Lara

yeah..I hear you. thank you for your advice:smile:

oh, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling down.

Without going into a whole psyche. thing, I went on a buying spree after my miscarriage two months ago. As you say, the love is gone.

But as others say, a break might be good. I know sometimes I anticipate something so much that once I have it, it's never as good as I built it up to be.

Hope you find peace, in whatever makes you happy.

Hugs,
Shelley

oh, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling down.

Without going into a whole psyche. thing, I went on a buying spree after my miscarriage two months ago. As you say, the love is gone.

But as others say, a break might be good. I know sometimes I anticipate something so much that once I have it, it's never as good as I built it up to be.

Hope you find peace, in whatever makes you happy.

Hugs,
Shelley

Thank you for your kind words and I am so sorry for your loss.