I'm so angry!!! Stolen booklet

Now that they moved more people near my office and customers will be walking past and construction workers that I don't know (we're renovating), I lock my desk everytime I leave view of it. I have a few bags that I switch in and out sitting in my bottom drawer, and one happens to be a Fendi, so I can't take the chance.

Sucks, that it happened. Atleast you didn't have the scarf in there.

You bet. I was gonna do the dumb thing and leave it over the weekend because I wanted to exchange it. I'm glad I changed my mind and decided to test run it over the weekend now!

Cal said:
he he, I know. Who's going to rummage around crumply tissues? They weren't used, but looked like they were. My stapler never, ever went awol.

You crack me up, girl!

Perja, sorry about that. It's not the value, it's just the point of being made vulnerable.
Your booklet will probably end up on ebay too. Geez, there's a train of thought I don't want to follow...:mad:

So, are you keeping the scarf? Do tell!

Yep, def. keeping the scarf. It wasn't buyer's remorse, it was more like "OMG, did I just buy a whole load of stuff this month?". It's gorgeous (see it in the Hermes section) and I do love the colour. And so shiny, soft... perfect!

Plus I feel so posh :biggrin:

i get home from working all nite and the first thing i do is log on. too funny.
i can't believe someone would actually look in your drawer. maybe they were looking for white out or something and found the booklet and of course, could not resist. but still that is just plain rude.

doulosforhim said:
i get home from working all nite and the first thing i do is log on. too funny.
i can't believe someone would actually look in your drawer. maybe they were looking for white out or something and found the booklet and of course, could not resist. but still that is just plain rude.

And I couldn't believe someone would steal a stupid freebie booklet from my drawer either. Until it happened and I learnt that it had happened to my colleagues as well for other stupid small stuff (glasses, keychains...).

OMG, so sorry to hear a/b your stolen booklet, Perja. Is there anything you can do a/b it? Can you report it to someone? I know that at my mom's office, if anything is misplaced or stolen, they can report it to security & actiion will be taken. May be next time you should lock your office door or your draws (if you have a cube).

Everything is locked when we're not in, but the cleaning staff has a pass to get in and clean, obviously.
I'm just glad it wasn't something valuable (in my eyes, which could have been a piece of ribbon I collect) and from now on, I'm going to take home anything non essential and/or that I care about from my drawers.

HOW SAD :sad2: that someone stole your book! Sorry to hear that. It's a cute item just to have.

People will take anything that's not nailed down (sad, but true). I've worked at medical facilities where people steal cotton, alcohol swabs, tongue depressors...

Hopefully you will be able to find a replacement book!

Why would anyone go into your desk? That's a huge invasion of privacy. As little as the offense might seem, you should report it or at least request something that you can lock valuables in. You can be sure that you're not the only person missing something. Good luck!

SuLi said:
Why would anyone go into your desk? That's a huge invasion of privacy. As little as the offense might seem, you should report it or at least request something that you can lock valuables in. You can be sure that you're not the only person missing something. Good luck!

I did. I'm not the only one. I'll report it to the front desk on the way out. As we all have badges to get in, I am not sure where/who security is. Anyways, thanks for the nice words, ladies! I feel a lot better now and it's a lesson learned at no cost (except the annoyed grinding of my teeth).