I'm sharing a secret with everyone *about patina-ing*

bummer when i read the title of the thread i was hoping for something to do the exact opposite. i want something to stop the patina or at least slow it down. but i'm happy for you and your new trade secret:yes:

can i ask how exactly ya applied the baby oil? i'm such a klutz.. i can totally imagine spilling one whole bottle on my bag or sth.

i used quilted cosmetic pads. once you apply it it looks dark, i was like omg! but when the leather absorbs it, its a nice patina =]

once my bags get super dark, i'll find a way to reverse the patina ;)

It's looking better! With so many ppl trying to make their bag Patina, I wonder if anyone has tried to prevent a Patina effect? Is it possible to 'remove' the Patina? I like keeping my bags fresh, brand new, and and as close to the nearly white Vachetta for as long as possible. :winkiss:

For that you have to protect your ag from the sun, and use a spray protector like shining monkey or apple guard.

Shining monkey is the best :yes:

I don't know that I would use baby oil since it isn't made for leather. It probably won't hurt it though. I use neetsfoot oil. It is similar but it made for leather and helps to waterproof the leather and condition it. I got a bottle at the grocery store a couple of years ago and still have plenty left. It is great for evening out patina or darkening it if it needs a bit of warming.

Thanks for posting! I'm planning on ordering a long strap for my baggy gm which has a light patina on it and this will be great! I was thinking of just letting it bask in the window sill, but this is much easier!