I'm SEW Excited!

It's very pretty!! Based on the background accessories, it seems like it's the perfect necklace for you! Congrats!!

Yes, this is a very emotional piece for me. I learned to sew at my Mother's knee as a little girl and was designing and sewing professionally by the time I was 13. I remember when I was still in high school, studying the Chanel tweed suits in Vogue and other fashion magazines and trying to copy and sew them myself. Chanel was always the standard to which nothing else compared in my book.
When I saw this necklace, I thought to myself, 'I have been waiting all my life for this piece' - even if I never knew it 'til now!

Wow, in high school, I would pour over fashion magazines with a different intent... you must be very, very talented! :flowers: :smile: Aww, well, it truly is a match made in Chanel-sewing heaven then. :love:

Yes, this is a very emotional piece for me. I learned to sew at my Mother's knee as a little girl and was designing and sewing professionally by the time I was 13. I remember when I was still in high school, studying the Chanel tweed suits in Vogue and other fashion magazines and trying to copy and sew them myself. Chanel was always the standard to which nothing else compared in my book.
When I saw this necklace, I thought to myself, 'I have been waiting all my life for this piece' - even if I never knew it 'til now!

Oh, Cyndee, I am so happy you got this beautiful piece. I was toying with the idea of the brooch, but it is really hard to find and then I thought I would never wear it. But, the necklace is very lovely and sentimental. That's how Chanel operates... on sentimentality. I love it and hope you think of your beloved grandma every time you look at it.
Wear it in the best of health,
Judy

What a gorgeous piece ... I love that your DH picked this choice, he clearly knows your tastes and loves! Your story makes the necklace worth so much more than its retail value, it really is priceless!:love:

This necklace was made for you Cyndee. What a lovely story. I love how it came from another beloved figure in your life, your DH. The whole thing is just surrounded by love and memory, and wishes and dreams. It goes beyond a piece of costume jewelry.

OMG Cyndee! :love: Congratulations on such a lovely Chanel necklace! I bet it was worth the wait for Chanel to come out with this emotional piece for you. Such a wonderful Valentine's Day present from DH! :heart: