I'm Scared to Spray my Bag!

LV=Love

Aug 18, 2009
I've never sprayed mine. Let me know how it turns out, I'm sure it'll look great.

prplhrt21

O.G.
May 20, 2009
what did you use? if you sprayed it on vachetta did it darken?
I used shining monkey..I've had it for a couple of months and finally decided to spray the handle of my Galliera...shake it good..and then spray it on. It dries quickly...

May 14, 2009
East Coast
I've never sprayed mine because I have the MC murakami bags I worried about the colors bleeding. I just never take them out in the rain or if I think it's gonna rain.

kelly marie

Aug 16, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
I just did it!!! i'm so relieved it looks good as new!!

The spray dried almost instantly and did not darken my vachetta or leave a single water spot.

I knew i had to spray something on it.. I live in the Bay Area and it's always sprinkling just a little outside.

I HIGHLY reccomend using Shining Monkey!

Where did you find Shining Monkey? I used Apple Garde on my Tivoli GM and although it never gets water/rain spots, it did darken the vachetta some. And, since I couldn't find Shining Monkey, I used Wilsons last week on my new mono Galliera GM. It worked great also. Dried instantly and didn't darken the vachetta at all.

Now, no spots for us!!!

kelly marie

Aug 16, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Where did you find Shining Monkey? I used Apple Garde on my Tivoli GM and although it never gets water/rain spots, it did darken the vachetta some. And, since I couldn't find Shining Monkey, I used Wilsons last week on my new mono Galliera GM. It worked great also. Dried instantly and didn't darken the vachetta at all.

Now, no spots for us!!!
I googled Shining Monkey and ordered it off the website. I'm sooo glad I did!! :biggrin:

And ya I've heard that Apple Grade darkens vachetta so i steered clear of that one.. I love the pale vachetta look, I wish there was a way to keep it looking young forever!

YAY no water spots for us! woop woop!

bebegir162

O.G.
Dec 5, 2007
California
I live in Bay Area, too, and spraying the bag is a necessity. I posted a pic last night of my Galliera PM after I sprayed Shining Monkey. I love SM. It's so much easier to use than Apple Garde and it doesn't darken the leather!

puzzlenop

O.G.
Jul 23, 2009
California
I ordered some today so I can try it on one of my Dooney or Coach bags before I get my Galliera PM in two weeks. Did you spray the entire bag where all the vachetta is or JUST the handles?