I'm really worried...accident at home...

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
My brother called me last night to let me know that my dad got into an accident. On his one day off during the week (my family owns a restaurant, so my dad typically works at least 80 hours a week), he decided to help my uncle trim some hedges at his house. Somehow, he accidentally cut off part of his finger. He has had it reattached, but my mom said that he's in a lot of pain.

I am SO worried right now, and I am planning on going home to NJ tonight.

I wanted to write this and hope to find some comfort since I'm really emotionally right now.

Oh Suli, I am so sorry to hear this. I think it's sweet that you are going to come home to be with your family. Please be careful if you are driving. I know that when I am upset or emotional, I am not at my best driving. Also, here in NJ, we are having really yucky weather (overcast and rainy) so keep that in mind when you are driving and be careful. I don't know where in NJ you are headed, but if you need anything feel free to pm me and I'll help in any way that I can.

:shocked: aw Suli my stomach flipped when i read that. I am so sorry. Like the other member said, do be careful if you are driving. Lots of hugs and kisses for you and your daddy xxooxxooxxooxx

Oh Suli-your dad is in my prayers!

Just so you know, my BIL cut off part of his finger years ago while snow blowing his sidewalk. he had it re-attached and while he said it was painful then, he has no pain now and total use of the finger. hugs!

So sorry to hear about your Dad! I too just want to say be careful when you are driving. My Dad's in hospital at the moment and I know how worried and distracted I have been, so please take it slow...or maybe take the train!

Will keep good thoughts for you and your Dad:yes:

Oh Suli, your dad will be ok! Honest! My husband cut off 3 of his finger tips in a snowblower and he is totally ok. Yes painful at first but no long term problems...it looks a little retarded but nothing bad. Go home and support your dad and dont worry. I am sure your more worried then he is. :smile: Have a safe trip home. Best to you and your family!!!