I'm on the list....YEA!!

tbbbjb

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hello all,

I am now officially on the list for a black box Birkin with gold hardware. I am SOOO excited! I do not care about the wait, it gives me something to look forward to/ dream about.

The only thing that I am worried about is the box leather. I read on here some time back that it was being discontinued. Can anyone confirm?

:yahoo: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: A black box birkin w/ GH is soooo classic!!! I love love love box leather! I have not heard anything about it being discontinued.......

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is my first post. I joined a few weeks ago but until now only read and learned from all of you. I'll try and become an active member from now on. :yes: TBBBJB, can I ask you how you got on the list? My SA told me that there is no longer a list. Is this a SO perhaps? I'm also waiting for a black box birkin and as of yesterday, my SA told me it is not discontinued but since the leather scratches so easily, they don't make it as much. I think in order to get the box your SA has to put in a order for you. From my understanding this happens in January and July(this is a secret she wasn't supposed to tell me). Does the list still exist then? Please let me know so I can hound my SA.;)

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum!

Yes, according to my SA the list still exists (I have been waiting since fall to be put on it). Most boutiques do not have one or the list is closed from my understanding. I could be wrong, I am sure someone here would be able to clarify.

YES YES YES!! CONGRATULATIONS! This is a BRILLIANT choice!!! :yahoo:

Box is very much alive and well.....it was only being offered in black at this month's podium .... I have a black box Birkin 35cm with palladium hardware ... also a Kelly in the same size/leather with gold hardware... these are my FAVOURITES! You will LOVE the leather as it softens and ages!

Box is also relatively light and tougher than most people expect, plus it's soooooo elegant - I think it offers a lovely "contradictory" note to the Birkin's casual spirit. And just whip out the raincoat if you're caught in a downpour....don't be afraid to use the bag... it's a joy.....:girlsigh: