I'm on a bag search--who's with me :)?

CCbagaholic

Sep 28, 2005
OK, so my true bag desire right now is a Speedy 25 or 30 (probably a 30 for travel purposes), but I think my fiancee will flip if he sees another LV bag enter our house for a good while :shame: (we've now started saving for a house, and the one we'd like is a wee bit pricey:amazed: ).
So, I decided that my desire for spring is a hobo with soft but durable leather, and maybe in a brown/cognac/red or blue/grey/mousse tone for spring. I'd like to keep the price in the IF price range, maybe up to $400 and I'd like a good sized bag for my daily junk. I'm off to search for an Audra like Amanda and others have loved so much, and I'd love suggestions since you gals know sites that I"ve never seen...:idea: :biggrin:

on Neiman Marcus' website there is a beautiful bag in cognac for $375. (I'd post the pic but I don't know how to cut and paste.) The bag is under "shoulder bags" but it looks like a hobo to me. It is a Furla bag. Check it out at Neimanmarcus.com Let me know what you think.

If your budget is around 400$, you can get a very good condition used Speedy off of ebay from a reputable seller for less than that price. I would say go for what you want.. and get that speedy !

ayla said:
If your budget is around 400$, you can get a very good condition used Speedy off of ebay from a reputable seller for less than that price. I would say go for what you want.. and get that speedy !

I agree... search listings from My Poupette Recommended Sellers, and you're bound to find something. About a month ago I saw two Speedys in excellent used condition go for around $400 :biggrin:

ayla said:

I agree with Ayla...if you know the hallmark details of a Speedy, and do your research, you can definitely purchase a Speedy off eBay from a reputable seller. I would go with a My Poupette seller, and someone who will take it back in case there are second thoughts. I think that if you really love something, you should try for it - within reason of course - to be cliched, "when there's a will, there's a way".

Like you, my boyfriend and I have been saving to buy our first place (renting is a huge drag in the DC area), so although I love bags, I cut back last year by a lot. Prior to my last purchase from Coach (Pleated hobo) three weeks ago, my last big bag purchase (over $700) was around this time last year. So, I appreciate and relate to the struggle of needing to save, and find myself hugely envious of all the lovely bags that I really want, but shouldn't have.

aarti, I saw that bag on sale online just a couple of days ago, either on Neiman's or Saks. You might check there first, if you can get one there on sale you'll know it's authentic.

I was going to suggest an IF after reading your first paragraph. I have a Quilty Pleasure (that's not your Audra, is it?) in an orangy-brown. Went on quite a search throughtout Canada to get my hands on it. Price is better than your speedy, and definately the best HOBO. I have a Gucci Hobo, and a Dior hobo as well, so I love Hobo's too. And to be honest, I love my IF best (although quite a heavy bag). Get many compliments. Neiman Marcus has the best IF so far.

Have you checked out bags from a NY designer named Bliss Lau? The Very good media coverage around the NYC area and the bags are very cool. Here's the link http://blisslau.com/index.html[URL="http://blisslau.com/shopCrescendo.html"]l[/URL]. Let me know what you think. I am going to treat myself to a mini cresendo or accordian- they are not at all expensive!!!
They are also 25% off through Lucky magazine until the end of the month. You have to insert a coupon code at checkout. Here's the accordian and cresendo. Let me know what you think.

shopFallMiniAccordian.html
shopCrescendo.html

hmmm let me see if i can find you an audra...i adore mine so much, i'd love to welcome you to the audra club! hehe

this is what my search returned: http://www.adasa.com/product--asp--ProdID--24155--af--page.htm

it's a preorder and slightly different than mine (this is the new season) but it should still be a fabulous bag. adasa is where i got mine, they're fabulous and i believe they do free two day shipping. NM also has a slightly different version on backorder.

With $400 you could get a Speedy 30 in Europe ;) I just bought a Speedy 30 yesterday, in Copenhagen, and it was $460. Then I will reclaim sales tax when I go back to the US and will recieve 12% back, which is almost $50.

So, why don't you go to Europe for your honeymoon? :biggrin:

Swedie said:
With $400 you could get a Speedy 30 in Europe ;) I just bought a Speedy 30 yesterday, in Copenhagen, and it was $460. Then I will reclaim sales tax when I go back to the US and will recieve 12% back, which is almost $50.

Aww.. lucky ! I so want to be in Europe, if for nothing else but the cheaper tags on some designer labels. :lol:

Swedie said:

Only the canvas ones though, right? The epi cost more.