I'm off to Saks, Neiman's and Barneys...yippppeee!!!

padparasha

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Hi All,

I'm off to Saks, Neiman's and Barneys for my fix. I have been waiting all week for this day, not that it's anything special, but my lovable boyfriend and I are going to do some Sunday window-shopping in BH... and I'm hoping to find something specatacular to buy. :heart:

Any requests you want me to check out IRL? I'll be leaving in about 1 1/2 hours so let me know. I can't wait!! Soooooo excited!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Will let you all know if I spot any spectacular deals... or just happen to "fall in love" [sigh]!!!! :love:

Well, I'm sad to report that the trip was a complete *dud*!! I found nothing of interest on sale, and basically the sales associates at Neiman's were too *busy* to be bothered helping anyone. And quite snooty to boot. There were 3 or 4 tables of marked-down purses... 1 prada shearling marked down to around $1900 and then an extra 25% off that price... and then there were also some Tod's purses on sale, but none of these or any of the other marked down purses (most of which I've never heard of the name) were particulary appealing to me.

We left there quite quickly and disappointed. I had a much better experience at Saks, where the SAs were at least interested in speaking with me. I left my name and number and a bag request, so hopefully I'll get a call in the next day or so that my search is over!!! :P

Last but not least we went to Barneys... I chit-chatted and held 2 Prada Antic Cervos in 2 different shades... I debated on both, but to be quite honest, I'm really not ready to shell out $2450 for a bag, so I passed. Don't get me wrong, I think this bag is the Queen of all Bags... but I just can't swallow spending that much ... again, on a bag. I would feel like I'm carrying my mortgage payment around with me in my wallet.

So anyway... I did purchase another pair of Prada platform booties which are *so* cute! and I'm excited about wearing... but I have no good news to report to you all on bags.

I hope somebody else has better luck than I did today! Would love to hear if you did.

Happy New Year to you all!!!! and thanks for reading my posts today. :yes:

^ aw, sorry to hear that your quest wasn't that successful, except for the boots! BH always gets picked over quickly, I'm finding that I prefer to shop at other stores that are less frequented, even calling out of state if I need to... Well, at least you saved me a trip!

Hi Thithi,

Thanks for feeling my sorrow. It was *quite* depressing!! But I guess you're right, it seemed quite picked over with only left-over dog scraps!!

All nite I felt bad about my post too -- I hope I didn't offend anyone who is fortunate enough to own the Prada Antic Cervo - I am in "love" with that bag... and it would be my 1st pick if you asked me what bag would you want if a fairy dropped it off at your home with no questions asked and no money due!!

I found a thread which I've been reading about the expensive bag mentality... http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/how-did-you-get-the-expensive-bag-mentality-16682.html and this is actually giving me alot of answers. I can afford the bag financially, but it seems like such a steep note to go for exceptional quality in a bag. The MIU MIU I just bought is the first time I actually paid full price ($1050) for a bag... Anyway, I'll probably post some of my thoughts in that thread and continue there.

Thanks for reading! I'm off to Malibu today to see what little treasures may lie there. I browsed there on Christmas eve and didn't see too much, but I'll give it a whirl today since I just love to go hang there, have tea and cake at the Coffee Bean. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. (and you find all the bags of your dreams!!!) :P

PS! The Prada boots ROCK!! Here's a link to them on Saks: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446140947&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492047683&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1167682755316 :smile: