I'm not trying to start a war.

Even Chanel has a Kelly version and its even referred to by people as the "Chanel Kelly" but at least it has the quilting and CC logo so they stayed true to their style in a way. That Coach one looks too much like a Kelly right down to the shoulder strap.

Hm, I dont see the edith look anything like a Kelly bag.

47b7d620b3127cceba6fc5b7453800000016108AZMXDdw2asp

The Kelly has been around for decades and there are many, many, many 'inspired' bags whose design has been based on the Kelly.
IIRC, because the Kelly is so old, the copyright has run out (but I could remember wrong).

I see that coach bag, chanel kelly, LV malesherbes, and (of course) THE kelly, and they all remind me of the classy, boxy bags of the 40s.....I love that shape! I've always gravitated to more structured bags....I'm more of a person to put on a dress and heels rather than jeans and flipflops.

The Chloe Edith was inspired by the Kelly:
photo courtesy of Portero on e-Bay

Now I would never have guessed that this is inspired by the Kelly, as it looks quite different.
Doesn't a design require 7 major differences in order not to be design infringement?

Popular designs always have cheaper "inspired" ones. While some of us may be offended by ignoramuses coming and saying "Yuck, I hate your fake Coach", isn't it better that those who aren't fortunate enough to afford an Hermes can also have a bag that looks similar without turning to counterfeits?

I mean, who has never seen a piece of clothing that they really liked but couldn't justify the hefty price tag, only to find something similar and more reasonably priced in another brand?