I'm not trying to start a war.

Mar 26, 2007
But does this Coach bag from their "classic" collection, or does it not, look an AWFUL lot like a Kelly?

Pictures courtesy of EBay, Coach and TaraLindsey.

Original retail, $348.

:wtf:

Don't get me wrong; I used to work for Coach and I like some of their bags. But to me this really borders on design theft. Maybe it's just me.... :confused1:

Attachments

• 66761763_tp.jpg
    66761763_tp.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN2123.JPG
    DSCN2123.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCN2126.JPG
    DSCN2126.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 289
This reminds me of an LV Malesherbes more than a Kelly.

Photo property of Ebay Seller panpan606.
a0e7_1.JPG

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Coach also has a new logo--which looks suspiciously like the Hermes Caleche :rolleyes: but that at least is a coach, so I can't really fault them all that much.
BTW this whole phenomenon gets on my nerves too; you aren't the only one. But it's been going on for years and years.
There's the Gucci Jackie O bag, so named because Jackie Kennedy Onassis often carried Hermes Trim bags--and the Jackie O is a direct ripoff of a Trim. Coach also did a ripoff of a Trim, now that I'm thinking about it. Then there's the LV Alma, which is a direct ripoff of the Bolide. And of course we can't forget about the Chloe Paddington, which while it isn't a direct copy of a JPG Birkin, definitely "refers" to it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Coach also has a new logo--which looks suspiciously like the Hermes Caleche :rolleyes: but that at least is a coach, so I can't really fault them all that much.
BTW this whole phenomenon gets on my nerves too; you aren't the only one. But it's been going on for years and years.
There's the Gucci Jackie O bag, so named because Jackie Kennedy Onassis often carried Hermes Trim bags--and the Jackie O is a direct ripoff of a Trim. Coach also did a ripoff of a Trim, now that I'm thinking about it. Then there's the LV Alma, which is a direct ripoff of the Bolide. And of course we can't forget about the Chloe Paddington, which while it isn't a direct copy of a JPG Birkin, definitely "refers" to it.
Yeah it really is getting on my nerves too. But some Gucci fans swear that Hermes ripped off the Gucci classic. :rolleyes:

P.S. Avandome, your avatar is...:lol:

i can't stand coach i think their designs are so tacky and im not suprised they are trying to copy H. They are just trying to achieve a timeless classic like the kelly but it will never happen