I'm not a plastic bag questions

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
I'd like an "I'm not a plastic bag' but I DO want an authentic bag. I have been checking a lot of bags on Ebay and also tried to learn how to spot the fake bags, but I cannot. Does anyone know what is a "reasonable" price for an authentic bag? Can someone recommend a good Ebay seller? Thanks in advance for your help!

I can't believe I queued up for over 4 hours to get one of these when they went on sale in Dublin and I have barely used it. I really need to start getting some use out of it as I can't get those 4 hours back!

It's a lovely bag though and quality is really good. I can't recommend any sellers though as I wouldn't know. I do know that I was disgusted by the amount of people bringing their entire family to buy a bag each so they could sell them on for a profit - there was a family ahead of us in the queue, I kid you not - wife, hubby, 3/4 kids (all very young - under 10 yrs of age!), grandmother & grandfather. Some people are just very selfish!

Can't help you where to buy it..but if you see one on ebay that you think you might want..pm be b/c I have one & can authenticate it for you..happy searching!!!

Hey, I had three of these and I just sold two and kept one for myself...I don't think the first one Bag Fetish posted is authentic...the lettering is too perfect and neat, the ones I had all had someone messier, frayed looking lettering...you'll know what I mean if you see the pictures

I bought mine at Whole Foods and I'm 100% sure they are authentic. If you're looking to purchase one you can use my photos for reference here (I hope this is okay mods, I'm not advertising, these bags have already sold and are not available!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=230249182012

Thanks a lot! I am so angry with myself that I didn't buy a bag that I saw on Ebay a few days ago (sold by a tPF member) but I now might have found another bag to buy. I do not really care if the trend for this bag is out or not- I think that it is cute bag- that's it.

Yes, the fakes are out there. Some of them are amazingly good. You can only tell for certain by looking inside the bag, under the fold of the fabric at the grommet. It should have a rubber grommet hidden in between the fabric.

It's hard to explain -- but I'm talking about the big rivet/eyelet/grommet that the handle goes through. The bit of fabric it's attached to. Look inside the fold of it -- if there's no rubber around the inside of the eyelet then you have a fake.