I'm Not a Bayswater Girl But...

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
Before anyone gets too excited...this is not a reveal!

I'm not a Bays girl, but I think I could be!

But I saw a blue Bayswater in Soft Matte Leather today and it is beautiful! Has anyone else seen this bag yet?

I love blue anyway and I thought this was a nice bright blue but not too bright! The leather is soft but the flaps sat really well because of the texture of the leather.

But the care card inside mentioned aniline dyes and to expect colour and texture changes...does anyone have any experience of these dyes before or what changes could be expected? Thanks!

lola- off topic- as usual here- but have you seen teddies post re the MYW sale- well pre sale - 40% off your leopard alexa and another 15% quidco? I know you said you didnt pay full price but thought of you when I saw this- there are more than 10 in stock and maybe you could save some by sending the other one back and getting this. There is a black bays on there too!!

I saw the latest one lola if it's that one you mean, the Electric Blue Soft Matte?

I found it too light a blue for me. I struggle to wear these shades of blue and have only just stopped buying them. In the past year I have moved on a Chloe Paraty and Saskia in this sort of colour. I can't seen to find a way to match or contrast and it looks so cold on me.

As for Soft Matte again it's not my choice for a Bays, but as the actress said to the bishop, I like them stiffer and wrinkly !!! Sorry.

I know you prefer the smooth ones so it may be ideal. I had the Soft Matte Shimmy and it was gorgeous but a bit fragile/porous for a clumsy clot like me who has the Furniture Clinic on speed dial.:nuts:

Lola - I think the colour changes may refer to the blue pigment fading over time, which some of the girls here have experienced in the past. KLP's fuchsia ombre Bays started looking more orange than pink after a while and it was said that this was due to the blue pigment in the pink fading. I think some of the blue Mabels were affected too.
So now they seem to add a warning to blue bags??
That said, ink Daria seemed to keep its blue-ness.
Where did you see it? Did they have it in BT? I might have to take lunch down that direction some day this week and see that beauty for myself!

saw one of these IRL the other week and its a really beautiful colour, I love blue, and looks great with the gunmetal hardware. It is really smooth and matte and I would worry about scratches - I am quite clumsy despite my best efforts. I think on mulberry.com it says this leather will scratch.
Pardon me for mentioning it again but I just don't know how a company can charge so much for something whilst admitting that the product will fade, scratch easily etc - why not just use a more hardwearing leather?? anyway - grumble aside, its a beautiful colour

I saw it a few weeks back and nearly bought it (I was in the store to buy another bag). Just loved the colour, but my sensible side said that I already have three Bays and should just walk away and :drool: from afar.

saw one of these IRL the other week and its a really beautiful colour, I love blue, and looks great with the gunmetal hardware. It is really smooth and matte and I would worry about scratches - I am quite clumsy despite my best efforts. I think on mulberry.com it says this leather will scratch.
Pardon me for mentioning it again but I just don't know how a company can charge so much for something whilst admitting that the product will fade, scratch easily etc - why not just use a more hardwearing leather?? anyway - grumble aside, its a beautiful colour

I don't understand why the bags aren't pretreated or a free Collonil given with first purchase.

Lola - I think the colour changes may refer to the blue pigment fading over time, which some of the girls here have experienced in the past. KLP's fuchsia ombre Bays started looking more orange than pink after a while and it was said that this was due to the blue pigment in the pink fading. I think some of the blue Mabels were affected too.
Where did you see it? Did they have it in BT? I might have to take lunch down that direction some day this week and see that beauty for myself!

Maybe its because it's spongy leather lola. I've always found that to be really damage proof.

lola- off topic- as usual here- but have you seen teddies post re the MYW sale- well pre sale - 40% off your leopard alexa and another 15% quidco? I know you said you didnt pay full price but thought of you when I saw this- there are more than 10 in stock and maybe you could save some by sending the other one back and getting this. There is a black bays on there too!!

I've already had it out and about with me Elvis so she's staying!
You'd be a bit sick if you had just paid full price though to see 40% off.

I saw the latest one lola if it's that one you mean, the Electric Blue Soft Matte?

I found it too light a blue for me. I struggle to wear these shades of blue and have only just stopped buying them. In the past year I have moved on a Chloe Paraty and Saskia in this sort of colour. I can't seen to find a way to match or contrast and it looks so cold on me.

As for Soft Matte again it's not my choice for a Bays, but as the actress said to the bishop, I like them stiffer and wrinkly !!! Sorry.

I know you prefer the smooth ones so it may be ideal. I had the Soft Matte Shimmy and it was gorgeous but a bit fragile/porous for a clumsy clot like me who has the Furniture Clinic on speed dial.:nuts:

I wear a lot of blue Corries - I think it would work for me. But as of yesterday I cannot buy another bag. I am turning into some kind of an addict - and it has to stop!!!! Funny how everyone's taste in colour & leather is different. Just as well Mulberry are trying to cater for all tastes (and if not Mulberry then Chloe and Celine are ;))

I thought the gunmetal against the blue was gorgeous too. I'm glad to see Mulberry doing more with gunmetal.

Yey join the bays club ;)

It may be a while before I manage to save up the cost of A Bays GL. I've nothing left that I would want to pass on to get it and it's one in, one out from now on.

I saw it last Saturday, it was a great Bayswater (even though I don't like blue at all) - the leather was very, very soft and the colour deep and rich :yes:

I agree with all that Graciella.

I saw it a few weeks back and nearly bought it (I was in the store to buy another bag). Just loved the colour, but my sensible side said that I already have three Bays and should just walk away and :drool: from afar.

I think I will also be admiring from afar thelittlestar.

Ooh would love to see this!

Definitely worth looking at Hula!

It was in BTs in Galway mssw, so I'd say it's in Dublin too. The fading of the pigment would really bug me so I'm not sure I would go for something that warned about this up front. It was very nice though! What a shame I have run out of road when it comes to bag-buying!

Don't worry Lola, Im sure there will be a bag with your name on it on the M shelf in a few month's time - why don't you invest in a LV scarf whilst you are waiting- they are just as addictive ;)