Im new To Louboutin help please

LVLeo

Aug 20, 2014
I am an avid collector of handbags and I am now ready to buy my first pair of shoes. I am looking for black or leopard pump , my question is which are the most comfortable, I do need something i can at least wear for a little while and not be in pain. Thanks for any advice !

Are you wanting a classic pump or something with straps maybe? I have a few pairs that are extremely comfortable but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as a first pair (and I honestly can't remember the names but could check when I get home if you want).

For a comfortable versatile first pair, I would do the Pigalle Follies or the Pigalle Platos. I especially like the Platos as the platform provides some nice cushion.

Reactions: flakky305
My first pair was the simple patent pump 120mm. It has a platform which helps to reduce the pain at the balls of the feet and are comfortable to wear all day or on nights out.

I would suggest for a non-platform 100mm or lower, but if you're going to get a platform shoe then higher would be okay. Also, a round toe pump is far more comfortable than their pointed toe pump. For a first pair I would suggest the classic pigalle in 100mm!

Size and heel height and toe box shape all make a big difference in comfort to me. If you know what heel heights are comfortably walkable for you and what toe box shape usually feels best for your foot (round or pointed) then you can browse this category to find a classic black style that you like aesthetically:
http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop-online-3/women-1/the-classics.html?p=9

Size makes a difference in comfort for me because a too-big size makes the heel feel "too far behind me" which makes it less comfortable to walk in. And leather does stretch during break-in. So instead of aiming for extra room with comfort in mind, I actually aim for a size that feels too tight initially. If it feels too tight on me initially then eventually it feels just right after breaking in, with the heel in the right spot. I guess opinions will vary on that though...some people like having extra room.

My heel height comfort zone is 100mm or lower difference between heel and forefoot. But your heel height comfort zone might be different. Try this test: when you're trying on shoes, keep all your weight on your back foot, put the other foot out in front of you with a straight knee, and see if you can touch both heel and toe to the ground with the front foot (without turning your foot or bending your knee or shifting your weight forward etc). Try both sides. A heel height where you can pass that test on both sides is one you can definitely walk in for short distances at least, with a short learning curve or maybe no learning curve. A heel slightly lower than that will be comfortable walking and standing for longer periods of time. A heel a little higher than that might possible, but will probably have a bigger learning curve and some discomfort.

For me a pointed toe is actually more comfortable than a round toe because my 2nd-5th toes are in a steep diagonal line. Someone with more straight-across toe shape would probably be more comfortable in a round toe box.

Last edited: