I'm lovin' the Kelly wallet.

coleigh

Laugh and live....
O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Last weekend, I traveled to my local H boutique. I made a small purchase, and I also looked at the Kelly wallet. I thought I wanted a Dogon, but this wallet fits the bill. It is so practical. I love the secure features of the wallet. It had 12 cc slots and a zippered coin purse compartment in the midde of the wallet. The finishing detail was the zipper pull on the coin purse. The closure was not intimidating at all; I can do this with ease. I believe the price was 2500usd. It is going on my wish list. I'm interested in an epsom wallet in blue, yellow, or orange. I need some reviews from ladies or gents who have given this wallet a journey. Thanks.

I love the inside of the wallet & the look of it but don't like the steps I have to go through to get into it! It's always so cumbersome for me & I need both hands free. For comparison purposes, my favorite wallet is the LV pochette (I think they call it the Sarah wallet nowadays). I have 4 of these in different leathers & it's the easiest to get in & out of with the snap button front & is almost exactly like the Kelly wallet on the inside (it has 10 cc slots instead of 12).

As long as you don't mind the opening, it is the most elegant wallet out there:smile:

Coleigh, I had the medium sized kelly longue wallet, but sold it after a few months as it was just too big. I am assuming the version you are talking about is the largest one. I opted for the medium one as the larger one took up too much space in my 30cm birkins. I think if you use 35cms, the large one is ok. The straps are a bit annoying, but not too much to deal with in my opinion, given that it adds so much in terms of style. I was also impressed by how much you can really fit into these wallets. Unfortunately, what I discovered is that I just needed extra space to temporarily hold receipts and extra cards like Costco, etc. Now I just use a bearn wallet and a calvi and it's just perfect. It transfers well to even my KP. That is something else to consider. Yes, you can use the large one as a clutch, but that's not really practical since you cannot carry a lipstick. Who walks around without some sort of lip balm? So that argument doesn't hold water with me. It's a lovely wallet and is just gorgeous to look at. If you need a large wallet, it's a good one.

I love my ardoise chevre kelly wallet! The kelly clasp can be a little annoying, but I like that it gives it polish so I can use it as a clutch (lipstick probably awkward, but iphone definitely fits wonderfully!). All the cc slots are key for me, and it has a bill divider so you can separate your cash from receipts etc.

Attachments

• CIMG0320small.jpg
    CIMG0320small.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,260
  • CIMG0313small.jpg
    CIMG0313small.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 1,189
  • CIMG0317small.jpg
    CIMG0317small.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,164
  • CIMG0311small.jpg
    CIMG0311small.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,761
Last edited:
jeyatlin, I've considered the LV wallet that is compatible to the Kelly wallet. I prefer the leather than the logo. Even though I'm getting away from logos, I am still considering this LV wallet. BTW, it is considerably less in price. That is a plus. :sunshine:

hermesmonkey, I appreciate your honest opinion. I do have a Bearn wallet, and I love it. I have a 32cm Kelly and a 30cm Birkin so I worried about how well the Kelly wallet would fit into my bags. I did not try placing the Kelly wallet into my bag last weekend. It was not heavy. I have liquidated my wallets so I only have two at the moment. The KP will offer that security of having the essentials and not worrying about them falling out. :flowers:

lilach, the coin purse on the one that you described is beautiful, too. Is it slightly smaller?
veeleigh, I'm glad that you mentioned that you can use one compartment as a receipt holder. I have an H receipt holder so this wallet will take care of that. Your wallet is beautiful. I do like the clutch option. So it appears to rival the KP?

I love my Kelly wallet. It unfolds completely open and it's not as thick/large as the gusseted one, but it's still the largest size. It's so useful for people who stuff their wallets.

However:
I don't use it as a clutch. It's definitely a wallet. I don't know if the gusseted one would function as a wallet, but I wouldn't do it.

I also don't use it as an every day wallet. For that, my Bearn is just fine - it's sleeker, and carries just the essentials. I usually carry the Kelly wallet on weekends when I'm running from thing to thing - lunch with friends/ shopping/errands. It carries a LOT of stuff.

I had a rose shocking kelly wallet, and I loved it! However, I found it too big. Whenever I went out for dinners, I had to transfer my cards, cash and ID into a smaller wallet to fit my evening bags. So I sold it and stick to my bearns now-- love them!

I do have the smallest one with only two CCs and I must admit I think it's a little annoying sometimes when I'm in a hurry, however I love the look of it and it's not really that bad at all because it closes easily and securely even if you leave th straps open. MY biggest problem with mine is that it's in box! :sweatdrop::sad: Not a good idea for a wallet! It needs its own pocket to not get beaten up worse than it already is...

Thanks everyone for your reviews of the wallet. The wallet at the boutique was in box. The price was 2500USD. Does anyone know the price of one in epsom. My SA is off this weekend......I figured it would cost a hundred dollars less than box. :shrugs:

I have been advised privately by several tpf members to NOT get a wallet in epsom - don't know the reason - I was just told "don't do it!".

I'm not at all bothered by the closure on my two Kelly's but it would drive me nuts on a wallet. Frankly, no Hermes wallet works for me. I'm just glad I discovered that fact BEFORE I parted with so much money.

Having just purchased a Picotin in Paris, I just cannot see paying more for a wallet than an Hermes bag.

I have been advised privately by several tpf members to NOT get a wallet in epsom - don't know the reason - I was just told "don't do it!".

I would have to respectfully disagree with this advice given to you. Epsom is a fantastic leather for a wallet, actually even better than chevre. It's hearty and can really withstand a lot of use yet still look brand new. Chevre can "dent" but it's a very good leather for a wallet. Unintended pressure applied from keys and hairbrushes are the worst offenders against chevre.