I'm liking the new duffel bag...what about you?

I was actually considering its leather and does seem a bit high maintenance. But I'm thinking it adds to the character. I actually don't mind now if the bag gets scratched as long as the bag doesn't fall apart. How long did u keep it for?

just be careful of the strap attachments and not overfill it.. coz that's where the problems lie in.. many have reported tearing of the straps, even in the Chycs. i've played with some and they really do feel flimsy.. i just wished they made it in a thicker leather (like Celine's palmelatto leather.. that would surely make me go!) i'm liking the baby size but when you wear it crossbody, the shape just flattens and it loses the shape..

Hmmm...after reading this thread, I'm a little worried about the should strap now. I just looked at my duffel and can see with just a little tugging that you can see the sensitivity of the stitching.

Hmmm...after reading this thread, I'm a little worried about the should strap now. I just looked at my duffel and can see with just a little tugging that you can see the sensitivity of the stitching.

This is the reason why I passed on it. It's too fragile for my taste. And for that price, I'd rather buy a Celine or a Giv which I believe has better quality and leather.

This is the reason why I passed on it. It's too fragile for my taste. And for that price, I'd rather buy a Celine or a Giv which I believe has better quality and leather. That's why I loved my SC duffel even more.. The leather is gorgeous.. It might be a bit more expensive but the leather.. Oh so luscious! Or the Lucrezia which is also a great alternative

just be careful of the strap attachments and not overfill it.. coz that's where the problems lie in.. many have reported tearing of the straps, even in the Chycs. i've played with some and they really do feel flimsy.. i just wished they made it in a thicker leather (like Celine's palmelatto leather.. that would surely make me go!) i'm liking the baby size but when you wear it crossbody, the shape just flattens and it loses the shape..

Thanks nappytoots! I tried the Duffle 6 and it looks good when I wear it cross body. I'm 5'9 and it ends just at my waist. Gives it a somewhat edgy look. I guess I don't mind getting it beat up but for something that's almost $2000, I may reconsider. Lol. Sigh it's been bothering me though. Maybe I should just get my first PS1.

Thanks nappytoots! I tried the Duffle 6 and it looks good when I wear it cross body. I'm 5'9 and it ends just at my waist. Gives it a somewhat edgy look. I guess I don't mind getting it beat up but for something that's almost $2000, I may reconsider. Lol. Sigh it's been bothering me though. Maybe I should just get my first PS1.

with Proenza, it's a whole nother story!!! the quality is dwindling (look at the forum on PS)
just make sure you get a PS1 from Proenza itself or an accredited reseller coz they've got problems on quality for sure..

I myself got 2. a suede one and an exotic Python 1 that i sold. within like 3 months storage and 7-8 time use, the python skin started curling!!! and the front buckle closure while it looks blackened silver is just plated so it scratches easy.. to think i saved up for that bag for like months! when you get one, just make sure all the nuts and bolts are fastened well.

but between PS and SLP, i'd go for the PS. the leather is quite better, it has great organizational pockets, the shape is gorgeous, and i think the design is timeless.

with Proenza, it's a whole nother story!!! the quality is dwindling (look at the forum on PS)
just make sure you get a PS1 from Proenza itself or an accredited reseller coz they've got problems on quality for sure..

I myself got 2. a suede one and an exotic Python 1 that i sold. within like 3 months storage and 7-8 time use, the python skin started curling!!! and the front buckle closure while it looks blackened silver is just plated so it scratches easy.. to think i saved up for that bag for like months! when you get one, just make sure all the nuts and bolts are fastened well.

but between PS and SLP, i'd go for the PS. the leather is quite better, it has great organizational pockets, the shape is gorgeous, and i think the design is timeless.

Thanks for the tips! I was aware of the quality control but crossing fingers the ones I see will be ok. I'm inching to buy a new bag just don't know what... I keep on going back to the Celine Cabas as well but can't seem to take the plunge. I want the all black Cabas. Confused confused.

I saw a lady in my local Hermes store yesterday who was carrying the royal blue duffle in size 6, since we were waiting the the same area I asked her how she liked her bag. She loves the strap, said she also has a 12 and the zipper is smoother on the larger bag. The bag was five months old and had been used pretty consistently, and it looked really good! The leather had softened so there was nice slouch, but there were no scratches. It was a nice surprise to see how this leather has aged, and I have to admit this encounter has me reconsidering this bag again!

Thanks for the tips! I was aware of the quality control but crossing fingers the ones I see will be ok. I'm inching to buy a new bag just don't know what... I keep on going back to the Celine Cabas as well but can't seem to take the plunge. I want the all black Cabas. Confused confused.

The Cabas is nice too but just be careful not to fill it too much coz the lambskin will stretch and the stitching on the handles i find a bit fragile... maybe a Phantom Cabas. Better leather and better structure..

Um, maybe a Giv Lucrezia? Or an Antigona tote in printed versions.. but i really do suggest a PS1 or the new bag from PS.. i forgot the name.. its real cute and has contrast lining. Inspired by the PS1 but a bit more minimalist..

The Cabas is nice too but just be careful not to fill it too much coz the lambskin will stretch and the stitching on the handles i find a bit fragile... maybe a Phantom Cabas. Better leather and better structure..

Um, maybe a Giv Lucrezia? Or an Antigona tote in printed versions.. but i really do suggest a PS1 or the new bag from PS.. i forgot the name.. its real cute and has contrast lining. Inspired by the PS1 but a bit more minimalist..

I am in the same situation! I had my eyes on the duffle for so long, but all those problems with the shoulder straps had really put me off because I really wanted an everyday shoulder/cross body bag. I've considered the G lucrezia, but do you think it's just a fad bag that would quickly be forgotten?