I'm kinda freaked right now

arireyes

Apr 8, 2006
I'll start this out by saying that DH and I have 2 retail shops that sell aftermarket car parts, mostly stuff for SUV's. We have 6 cars and 4 of them are show cars. Most of them are parked outside at night( at home).
Tonight DH and I came home at the same time, driving 2 of the cars. Our 2 big SUVs were in the driveway. They are showtrucks (26"wheels, bodykits and everything) DH noticed a tahoe drive by a few times slowly and got suspicious so he followed it. It stopped and waited, DH came home and the truck drove by again, DH left again and called me so I called the police and told them to please keep an eye out tonight.
A few minutes ago we get a call , Our Van which sits at the shop has been broken into and everything has been taken out, stereo and whatever product was in there!!! I had even told the officer earlier that I had been worried someone may have followed us from the shop to our home at some time.
I think If we hadn't called the police here tonight it would have been more than on of our cars or even our house! I've told him a million times that could happen and he never listens to me. Now he's at the shop dealing with this:sad: I really just don't like the feeling of this at all.

Me too. The only thing I have is a make and model on the truck that was by our house earlier tonight. It really freaks me out that it could have been here at the house with my kids.

Sorry this happened to you! I hope they catch the creepy people/person who did this. Is there anywhere else you can put the other cars for the time being? Friend's house? Someone else's garage?

I'm terribly sorry this happened to you guys... I hope everything was insured.
Thieves broke into our apartment twice (many years ago) and into our car last month... It's the worse feeling, almost like being violated, and in total loss of control.

The apartment break in, we know who did it, but we can't prove it... The car was broken in by junkies.

Do you have any suspicion who could that to your car?

Oh no! That's horrible. I've never had anything like this happen to me (knock on wood), but I can't imagine how violated and horrible it must be. Though you don't have alot of information, at least you have something. I really hope they find out who did this to you...please keep us updated if you get new info! Good luck and hugs!! :hugs::flowers:

Thanks, I'm not sure who would have done it, what really just gets to me about it is that it wasn't just someone breaking into a random car, they know where we work and live , who knows if they were going to break into the house, or the cars that were here. I don't have anywhere else to keep the cars. The extra Vans were being kept at one of the shops. The only thing good about having them here is our neighbor is a police officer and all of the cars have alarms so they will be loud if something happens. I guess the alarm on the Van was going off the whole time, so whoever broke into it was gutsy.

aww. I am sorry to hear this. Its a shame there are alot of dishonest people around the world. I guess thank god it was only the van that was broken into.

The person passing the house may have been the decoy to make sure you were both home.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. That is terrible :crybaby:. I hope they find out who stole your van. Hopefully they aren't after anything else. Maybe you can rent garages for the cars parked outside your home?

I HATE people like this! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know how you feel, it has happened to me before. I too would try renting a garage or something near by. I hope they catch these losers! Keep us updated, k? :heart:

Thanks, I'm not sure who would have done it, what really just gets to me about it is that it wasn't just someone breaking into a random car, they know where we work and live , who knows if they were going to break into the house, or the cars that were here. I don't have anywhere else to keep the cars. The extra Vans were being kept at one of the shops. The only thing good about having them here is our neighbor is a police officer and all of the cars have alarms so they will be loud if something happens. I guess the alarm on the Van was going off the whole time, so whoever broke into it was gutsy.

I'm so sorry this happened to you and I hope they are caught soon. With car alarms since they go off so much now everyone ignores them, even police. :sad: