I'm in love with the much maligned Prada Inside Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The first time I saw the Inside Bag, I stopped and stared, enraptured, mostly because I'd never seen anything like it, and the colors really appealed to me. I have LV and Hermes, and Prada hadn't even been on my radar until I saw this bag. Of course I immediately went onto Purse Forum to see what others thought. Frankly, I was shocked by the negative responses and started to doubt my taste! How could I be so wrong about something I thought was so beautiful?
    I quickly concluded it didn't matter what anyone thought; I loved the bag and that was enough. I had to have it and now I do! And it's absolutely the most beautiful bag I own (I have LV Speedy, Artsy, Hermes Toolbox, Evelyne, Garden Party). The leather is the softest I have felt in a bag. It's smooshy and wonderful and I just love touching it. It holds about the same amount of stuff as my Speedy 30. I love the fact it can be a handbag or shoulder bag, and I love that when I open it I get that splash of lovely color. It's a happy little secret just waiting to be discovered over and over again.
    Am I gushing? Yes! Do I love, love, love this bag? Yes!
    Any other Inside Bag lovers out there? Am I alone (other than Megs, of course)?

Attached Files:

2. I too purchased this bag in black and tourquoise inside. I LOVE it! The leather is so soft and luxurious. I love that in a hurry I can throw car keys or cell phone in the side of the bag to find them easily.

3. This bag is sooooo gorgeous!! I recently saw it at the Prada store and it is super soft and smooshy. Congrats!!!!!

bagsforeverand likes this.
  4. A couple of pictures of my bag! Love it ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469035124.780721.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469035136.416827.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469035149.779485.jpg
    I am also surprise with all the negative feedback on this bag. i think its unique and it would be super hard to replicate this. So no fakes!!!

5. Love the leather on this bag. I hope Prada introduces more variations to it. I'm so tired of saffiano.

anis azmi and bagsforeverand like this.
  6. i love this bag. I don't understand all the hates either.
    i think it's pretty and easy bag.

7. This is a pretty interesting bag. Does the outside purse zip all the way closed? Can someone post inside shots as well? I think it's a misunderstood bag.

8. Very beautiful bags. Are the insides only the one turquoise color?

9. yup this can go all the way around
    [​IMG]

Prada has made these in lots of different colours
    Mine is black outer with blush pink inner.

Mariapia likes this.
  10. I also love this bag, if I had any spare bag budget I'd have bought one. It's original & somehow clever while still classic shaped. The grey & lime green colourway made me gasp in admiration, & the leather seems more like the softer more saturated vintage Prada leathers. I'm an old school Prada buyer & other than the reversible lambskin tote (which I just couldn't resist buying) this is my favorite new Prada for years...

Mariapia likes this.
  11. I think the leather is really nice and soft. I love that its not Saffiano, I also don't understand the extreme hate.
    I think its modern, sharp and chic
    I am a Prada fan though the reason I'm not getting one is the price.
    Its almost the price of a seasonal Chanel Bag

Mariapia likes this.
  12. So this is basically a bag inside a bag? Very interesting design......is it terribly heavy?

13. Not heavy at all. Light and easy to carry around.

14. I'm in love with the Prada Inside Bag too! Thank you for starting a thread about it. It is such a classic shaped bag. It zips up completely making it very secure. When you open it reveals one zippered main compartment (known as the inside bag) and two side compartments, so three compartments in total. The prada logo is simple and elegant. The best part is the leather, so luxurious, soft and smooshy. Prada should make more and more bags in this amazing leather. Here are photos of my bag, it is black with blush interior. I like to tuck the outer black part in a bit to reveal the blush interior, so pretty. I think it is lady like, but with a little modern edge.

Attached Files:

• pi.jpg
      pi.jpg
      File size:
      260.9 KB
      Views:
    • pi1.jpg
      pi1.jpg
      File size:
      251.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Here are some runway catwalk photos of models carrying the Prada Inside Bag.

Attached Files:

bagsforeverand likes this.