I'm in love with the I'm Beautiful!

clu0984

O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
Boston
Got a gorgeous I'm Beautiful in midnight blue in a trade (thanks to you out there!) and it's the perfect work bag! I love all of the compartments and pockets- I think this might be the start of a new addiction! One question I have for you ladies is how well does the glossy leather hold up?

I will try to take pictures later tonight.

Last edited:

tenKrat

Wabi-sabi
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
I have the midnight in the midi size. The glossy wears fabulously. I :heart: the IB, too.

Moonfancy

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Can we see pictures? So GLAD you have a new BE to love! I keep thinking I want an IB, too, but so far I don't have one. Right now I'm on a mission to get an Inspire Me, but I don't know what leather or color. I kind of had to sneak around as I took the Holiday Pictures of some of my bags because I didn't want DH to know exactly how many I have. I had already been stuffing some of them with towels so they would stand up straight and also been dressing them with ornaments and such, and he'd commented, "You're acting like a little girl playing with her dolls." So, see, he already knows I walk the border of sanity and insanity, and I didn't want him to know the true extent of just how far I lean toward the insane side.

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Sunny Florida USA
I love the glossy leather. Kind of like a very subtle patent but very definitely leather and not plasticky looking. I've got a black glossy WTMM, a gray glossy HM and now the red glossy TMM. I love the glossy leather. At some point, want a glossy petrol (if there is such a thing).

lccsue

Feb 1, 2008
BC
I still have my IB in black crash and it is such a great bag - I use it for my carry on when I travel, even when I don't take my computer. Love all the compartments. Great trade - congrats :smile:

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
The type of glossy leather you got a bag in belongs to the same family of glossies like the Petrol, the Choco Brown, the Hot pink and a couple of others.
They a virtually indestructive..LOL..They wear well in all sorts of weather. My Petrol Rock me and Midnight Blue MMS are my winterbags, so they go out with me in snow!

It will take some wear to make them all soft and slouchy..mine are only half-slouchy yet!

Fi B

O.G.
May 26, 2009
Kent, UK
Well done on such a deal! The glossy leather is gorgeous. I'd love an IB, and keep trying to justify it as a carry-on (since I don't need it for my laptop!)

Enjoy!

allysar

O.G.
Sep 13, 2007
Florida
Yes, nunnla there is a Petrol Glossy. I got an I'm Beautiful Midi in Petrol Glossy in the sample sale a while back. It is amazing!!!

The IB or IB midi is a really wonderful bag. I was worried it would be too boxy but I carry mine as a work bag and the organization is just wonderful. I love the glossy leather, too, because I really, honestly, don't baby my work bag. I carry it, set it down at work, sometimes even on the floor (gasp!) but it looks great. I get so many complements on it from my coworkers, they are so jealous.

I have been carrying mine 3-4 days a week for a few months now and it has started slouching but not "smooshy."

I think it will only get better with time. Congratulations on your trade that midnight leather is really beautiful!

clu0984

O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
Boston
I'm so sorry ladies that I haven't posted pictures. I got home really late last night and just forgot. Will do it today :smile:

Moonfancy, don't worry, I'm just as insane. My husband makes fun of me because I keep petting my bag and once he caught me in the closet just sniffing all of my BE bags!

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Sunny Florida USA
What a lovely bag, clu. Looks like you got a great deal and that it will definitely make a fine work bag. Love the color and gloss of the leather.