I'm in love - what's that bag!?

One potential problem is that I think both bags are hand held....hopefully they will have a shoulder strap.

This is the version I really love (partly because it's more colourful and partly because it has a shoulderstrap):

00350m.jpg

I think the discussion up here is a little bit out of line. This is an open forum and people can post their comments. Giving different opinions, or not replying to the original questions doesn't mean it is offensive to the OP. Many OPs think they own the threads they started; but they don't. The forum belongs to all memebers who follow the rules. And rules didn't say you have to praise or agree with the OPs.

I think we all love handbags so we are here. No need to get personal when we are talking about handbags since we are all different. As a matter of fact, Jill is always fun, polite, knowledgeable and considerate. I don't see anything wrong in Jill's replies. I don't understand why people need to be so defensive?

Could we stay on topics please, which is the handbag?

So agree with all of this, and it's a bit puzzling why there was any hostility on this thread -- and especially to see it directed towards sweet Jill! It's interesting to hear all of the background details, re: the availability of this bag, etc. etc. I noticed the ads a few weeks ago, and was a bit curious about the bags. The thread is informative and good, even for those of us who aren't enormous fans of the bag (like myself!). I wouldn't mind seeing it in person, though -- again, just for interest.

I love this bag! I would like to get one myself, but I would love to add a touch of blue in the design, as it is my favorite color. I wonder if there is somewhere I could take the bag to have it added into the design? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Beautiful! I'm not normally a Prada poster, but stumbled in here after seeing Megs' blog post about the fairy bags. They are so distinctive and like previous posters have said, so art-y in a hand-drawn, folksy way. Wish I could afford one of these beauties. :love: But at that price point, I can't get a bag that can't be worn year in and year out. I'd snap it up in a minute if I could though.

Maybe fairies will leave me a bag of gold for this bag. :graucho: One can dream, yes? :P

omg i am drooling for this bag more and more everyday! :love:

restricter, where are you??! let's see some pics of your new bag!! :graucho:

i found some more pics - from bagsnob.com

about the artist (James Jean): http://www.jamesjean.com/

Attachments

• prada-fairy-bag.jpg
    prada-fairy-bag.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 101
  • fairyp5.jpg
    fairyp5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 110
  • fairyp1.jpg
    fairyp1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 111
  • fairyp3.jpg
    fairyp3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 108
I totally NEED this bag, going to call Prada tomorrow to see if I can get on a list or if one is available. I've been looking for a bag that I just can't live without and I think this may be it :smile:

I love this bag! I would like to get one myself, but I would love to add a touch of blue in the design, as it is my favorite color. I wonder if there is somewhere I could take the bag to have it added into the design? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Colleen -- you can always paint leather the question is how "finished" is the surface and will it stick?

It's interesting to see what a smash these have made and what a big thread this turned into -- rather like watching your favorite music star cross over into a new market !

I like the fairy bags -- they might be a bit sweet and young for me to carry, but I think the print is really interesting. My only concern is what the surface looks like -- ie. shiny/painted/hard or soft, print fades *into* and becomes one with the leather -- I'd rather the latter but they look more like the former to me.

We'll just have to wait for someone to get theirs and post about it !!:girlsigh: