I'm home and I'm a nervous wreck!

Congratulations on you NEW and GORGEOUS bag that will arrive soon!!:yahoo:

I loved your story, and been there with the JITTERS!

India....save this thread you started, b/c by Monday, when you rip open the box carefully:P.....and re-read this thread....you are going to chuckle and it will be a wonderful memory.

Carry that bag, and use it.....you will enjoy it so much! I really don't think you will have any regrets.

India~ I was YOU 2 weeks ago!
I had a whirlwind purchase of my dream bag. It went so fast! I had been thinking about a "H" purchase in the back of my mind for a while..then I took the plunge!
Have I thought about it since?? Absolutely! I have even had a few restless nights thinking about how much $$$ I spent. BUT~ having said this, I wouldn't change a thing. I think I grew a little in this process. I realized that I did not need to have 10+ bags that were not being utilized. That I would rather have a few "Gorgeous classic timeless pieces" to call my own for many years to come.

This is why I have moved to Hermes. This is where I will reside.

((Hugs)) to you!
~Ghost

India, I have been there as well. I know how difficult it is to plunk down that $$. It is also hard for me to do without having some guilt and anxiety about it...a little voice always goes through my head, "I could have spent the money on my kids, my hubby, charities, etc"... but then I say sometimes I have to put me and my desires first and a happy Mommy, wife and citizen makes for a better one!
Your bag sounds absolutely gorgeous and I hope you enjoy it for years and years to come.

Dear India,
I can help u w/a comparison. U don't have a pblm. U saw a bag & loved it. U know u luv it. It's allot of $$ yes, but sounds like u can do it. Forget the $$....enjoy the fabulous bag. Hermes is the BEST....AS long as the bag makes your heart beat and didn't break the bank you're golden......u didn't do anything silly.
Now the comparison:
I bought a bag on the phone. I didn't see it first. I saw a leather swatch, but never even a whole bag in this leather or this color. It's sellier. I've seen them in pics, but never held a sellier IRL. I asked 1 mngr to call another mngr and have it sent to my closest store......
Of course, it arrived & I will never wear it. It's beautiful, but it does not make my heart beat.... I feel self conscious. I'm too embarrassed to go back to the store w/it.....I don't want to put it on ebay even for less $ bcause the company I'm told doesn't resell to those people....I don't even have an ebay account anyway.
I have a prblm. I did a silly thing. You are fine, and I'm glad for u. Wear your bag with joy.....and I did get something out of this....Most of the time I live out in the country where it's quiet, and I found out I like to chat on the purse forum.
Best of luck. bye bye

India, the bag sounds divine. Congratulations.

If I may throw in my 2 cents, when it arrives pull off the plastic on the hardware, fill it with your things, start carrying it and don't look back.
As to saving it for the right time, well Monday is the right time.
I hope you love it.

India, the bag sounds divine. Congratulations.

If I may throw in my 2 cents, when it arrives pull off the plastic on the hardware, fill it with your things, start carrying it and don't look back.
As to saving it for the right time, well Monday is the right time.
I hope you love it.

:woohoo::woohoo:
Absolutely true.

india,
Dont fret - everyone panics when they spend this much. The most important question is, do you like the bag. If you are ambivalent (putting aside the money) you should send it back (lee: this is an option for you too). If you feel great about the bag just not the price tag, then dont worry - you will get over the sticker shock. I have a simple trick to handle this panicked feeling: I find it helps me to go online and pay the bill electronically, not wait till the end of the month when its billed. I find this helps me put the money issue out of my mind. Once the money is out of my account and the bill is paid, I dont worry about it anymore. Hope this helps.

I have a trick for buyer's remorse.

Look at your brokerage account, you probably have lost a lot more than than the price of an H bag, from time to time. And no matter what the market does the H bag is still sitting there and it did not shrink in size.

Hi India, I think you made a sound decision to take the Kelly. Better to have snagged it now than to pass on it and then kick yourself next year for missing a golden opportunity.

The clock is ticking for all of us. Wearing Hermes in the nursing home just won't be as much fun.:yucky:

Thank you all SO much for your encouragement!!! I intend to sit by the front door on Monday until that FedEx truck stops at my house. My fingers are crossed that I will love it then as much as I did on Tues!

Ladies, you're the BEST!

I've got three things to contribute here, India:

1. You got a lot of excellent advice here, and you sound like you really wanted that kelly, deserve that kelly, love that kelly, and will use that kelly all the time. If so, enjoy!

2. You CAN return it if you absolutely need to but don't do it for feeling guilty of having spent so much $$ on a handbag. We all die sometime and you can't take it with you.

Hi India, I think you made a sound decision to take the Kelly. Better to have snagged it now than to pass on it and then kick yourself next year for missing a golden opportunity. The clock is ticking for all of us. Wearing Hermes in the nursing home just won't be as much fun.:yucky:

3. This is hysterical ^^^

Okay, I have a fourth......

While saying "WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WooHoo!!!!!! try this!!!!
jumpingstevesilo.gif
Animated%20Dancing%20Santa.gif
dancing16.gif

Take a deep breath:smile: The first time that sort of $$$ is spent it is a shock to the system. It sounds as if you were able to give this full consideration and made a well thought out decision. You saw what was out there and was able to see that in your heart of hearts, you didn't want the copycat wannabe bag. Your choice will work forever for you. It is a great color, size etc. Once you get it, you will not regret it at all. It is your life, not a dress rehearsal and if you can afford it, to heck what other people think!

Enjoy your first Hermes!!!

Just wanted to add that Golconda has it exactly right! Just do as she says!