I'm home and I'm a nervous wreck!

Oh India.......I loved reading your post. I believe we have all been there at one time or another.

I think you will adore that bag once she's in your hands. Honest. And you know what? I live in a town where Birkinstocks reign supreme....trust me.....this is not even remotely close to being a town where one should be carrying a very expensive handbag. But I do. And I don't care. I feel like I'm old enough and paid my dues to carry whatever I want, whenever I want to carry it. So, when that beautiful Coromandel Kelly arrives on your doorstep, enjoy every single moment of having it. Take that baby with you to the Vineyard. Just think of the smile on your face whenevre you take her for a spin......you deserve it!!!!

India - this bag sounds absolutely divine and you have been thinking so carefully about its purchase (I remember your "shoulder strap/kids to the park/reach the cell phone in a hurry" thread). The fact that you slept on it and still wanted it is a great sign.

This is a heart purchase not a head purchase and it sounds like something you will love forever. Congratulations :flowers:

((hugs))

Yes, big purchases or small, most of us have been there
(OMG I just spent XXX on !!!!) ....

But I am certain the bag will sing to you the minute you see her peeking out of her sleeper. It sounds like a stunning combination.

You wont believe how quickly the price fades away as a dim memory and all that is left is the awe and joy you feel when you carry your bag. You will love the spring in your step, it will be worth every cent!!!

CobaltBlu's right. I can still remember wincing when my GF told me YEARS ago how much the silk scarves went for... Lol, and look at me now!

Your handbag will be wonderful. Everything will be fine. And if you don't like it, you can always return it or resell it. But something tells me that you might keep it.

I also agree w/ SM. I live in a similar area where certain parts definitely lack fashion savy. In fact, I probably stick out because I'm one of the few that's not splattered w/ some type of logo. But do I care? Not one iota. I carry my H bags with pride and because they make me happy. And for me that's reason enough.

Don't worry...just remember how much you loved it when you saw it and that will be magnified when it arrives! You were so sensible and didn't purchase it hastily, you even went to other stores to see if anything else compared..and it didn't! So this is the bag for you. The holidays are practically here and you deserve a wonderful present so enjoy!! xox

We've all been there......sigh. But in all seriousness, it's oh-kaaaay. honestly! I have frozen on the phone to hear my Birkin arrived 8 months earlier than expected. Can you imagine it? The birkin account was far from ready.

And the day I picked it up, I actually had butterflies in my stomach. It was scarier that buying my first apartment. But admit it to yourself that:

1. This bag will give you years of pleasure. A pleasure all your own and one that will be understood by yourself and people like us here on the forum....much to smug self-satisfaction! Hahahaha.

2. The Kelly is timeless. And she will, if you take care of her properly, NEVER let you down. And if it ever comes to a day when she may leave you(get sold!!), rest assured that you will not lose any money.

3. That no matter where you carry her, the bag will exude a character and class, that is the same yet so different, like a well-crafted and tastefully placed, diamond. A quiet beauty that only those in the know will fully appreciate.

The list is inexhaustible.........

India, you sound like a very classy, well put together woman and at 64 you deserve to spend an outrageous amount of money on yourself.. Congratulations I am sure that you will LOVE your bag..Please post a pic when you get her.

But I do. And I don't care. I feel like I'm old enough and paid my dues to carry whatever I want, whenever I want to carry it. So, when that beautiful Coromandel Kelly arrives on your doorstep, enjoy every single moment of having it. Take that baby with you to the Vineyard. Just think of the smile on your face whenevre you take her for a spin......you deserve it!!!!

Hear, hear!

I think you mentioned were carrying an old LV for a very long time?

Clearly, you're one of those people who appreciate fine things, take care of them, use them properly, and thoroughly consider the financial aspects of your purchases.

So please enjoy your new Kelly! :heart:

India I totally understand how you fell. I'm not working yet so when I bought myself a 4k bag with matching shoes, I was feeling the same way. I could afford it but it was still a lot of money, esp to me. But if you really really like it don't worry about it. Just get it else you'll regret it in the future. All the best, can't wait for pics!

PS: I love your cavy! We have one too and they are just the most affectionate breed of dog.

Sounds like a beautiful bag! I think many people are anxious over their first big H purchase -- I know I was. I hope you love it just as much when you take it out of the box.