I'm having a problem being the second owner of a purse

i bought alot of bags on ebay several years ago that i regreted; half turned out to be fakes(but that was my fault, shouldve researched better).i also dont like buying seconds...i want my bag to be new and unused...but this realization came after years of buying on ebay...i still think you can get a great bargain on a authentic bag on ebay. as far as where you got the bag, i would just say online and leave it at that. unfortunately as we all know ebay has gotten a terrible rep for selling alot of fakes, too bad.

Over the years, I have purchased Coach, Botkier, Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs bags from ebay and have been thrilled with each one. Each one was definitely authentic because I had seen each bag I purchased in real life elsewhere before purchasing. Each bag arrived in pristine condition. You know, even when you purchase a bag in a dept. store, you have no idea if it already went home with someone else, carried for a week or two and then returned!! If your bags have been authenticated and look good, and you got them for an affordable and sensible price, I say ENJOY THEM!!!

I am this way with things like houses, (or in my case apartments). They must be newly built. I have to have a new car, etc. Purses I think could go either way. It would have to be a good deal on a great bag I think.
Hell, if my favorite pair of jeans came from the thrift store, what's a used bag now and again...

I can somewhat understand what your saying however some of my most beloved bags have come from ebay so sometimes good bags that you'll love eternally can come from ebay. I've had many wonderful experiences with ebay so no complains here.

Also as a sidenote...most of my ebay purchases were for balenciaga bags which are very easily authenticated; however I don't think I'd ever make a purchase for like a dior or Miu Miu/Prada bag from there just because it's so easily counterfieted and there's no sure way of authenicating it.

I've been quite happy with the secondhand bags I've gotten through AFF and eBay! I'm fortunate that they're all in pretty good shape and if I were to purchase them new at full price, I probably wouldn't have them all now!

I don't have a problem with second hand bags as long as they are in good condition. I have some beautiful bags that I could never have afforded, even on sale. I have one that retailed for $2,400 and I got it for $500 and you can't tell by looking at it that it was ever used.

Over the years, I have purchased Coach, Botkier, Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs bags from ebay and have been thrilled with each one. Each one was definitely authentic because I had seen each bag I purchased in real life elsewhere before purchasing. Each bag arrived in pristine condition. You know, even when you purchase a bag in a dept. store, you have no idea if it already went home with someone else, carried for a week or two and then returned!! If your bags have been authenticated and look good, and you got them for an affordable and sensible price, I say ENJOY THEM!!!
I agree, just because the bag came from a store supposedly new, it could have been a return. I've bought some great second hand bags on ebay and have not regretted them at all. I've also sold some barely used bags on ebay and I know people got a great deal on some bags because I baby all of my bags.

I think there are a lot of ladies who buy a bag impulsively, use it a few times and decide it's not for them. Or, they buy too many bags and sell the ones they like or use the least to make room for more. If I can get a bag like that at half or less than retail, I'm thrilled. I do worry about fakes, but try to protect myself especially on Ebay. I would (almost)never pay $1800 for a bag mostly because I would stress about ruining it. Like another poster said, if I get it for less then I don't worry so much. It also leaves more money for more bags!

I have bought a few pre owned bags off of Ebay and they were in excellent condition inside and out. I could not tell they were used, that is the only way I would buy a preowned bag. Most of the bags I have received from Ebay are brand new with the tag still attached and authentic.:tup: